Apple Pie Cupcakes are fluffy butter cupcakes covered in creamy cinnamon frosting, and topped with a sweet apple pie filling. I love apple pie, but I also love cupcakes. I decided to take both of my desserts and mix them together. They turned out amazingly and delicious.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Cake MIx – Butter, Yellow or White. I used Betty Crocker Butter Cake Mix.
Water – Room temperature.
Butter – Unsalted, any brand,.
Eggs – Large white or brown eggs.
Sugar – Powdered or Confectioners, granulated or light brown sugar.
Extract – Vanilla pure or imitation.
Cream – heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
Spices and Seasonings – Ground cinnamon and kosher salt.
Apple Pie Filling – Canned or homemade.
Flour – all purpose or plain flour.
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the cupcake pan with the liners.
Step 2. Using a hand or standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and mixed.
Step 3. Scoop batter into the liners filling each one ⅔ full.
Step 4. Bake in the oven for 19 minutes or until a light golden brown.
Step 5. Allow to cool completely.
Step 7. Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth and stiff with peaks.
Step 8. Scoop frosting into the piping bag.
Step 9. Combine all crumble ingredients into a medium bowl. Using your fingers, mix ingredients together until combined and crumble like.
Step 10. Pipe a ring of frosting onto the top of the cupcake.
Step 11. Repeat step again to have a “wall” of frosting.
Step 12. Remove some apples from the can and cut into smaller bites.
Step 13. Scoop some of the apples into the center of the frosting.
Step 14. Sprinkle some crumble on top.
Step 15. Sprinkle with some cinnamon. Enjoy!
TIPS AND FAQ
You can use any type of cake mix that you like. If you want to take the flavor of your cupcake batter up a little bit and make them taste even more like apple pie, you can add in ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon to your batter. Or for an ever stronger cinnamon flavor add a full teaspoon.
To ensure a light and fluffy frosting make sure that your frosting ingredients are at room temperature before mixing your frosting.
Store your cupcakes on the counter in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Muffin Pan
- Cupcake Liners
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
- 1 box butter cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 large eggs
Cinnamon Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- 2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream you may need up to 6 tbsp
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 21 oz apple pie filling
Crumble Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with the liners
- Using a hand or standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and mixed
- Scoop batter into the liners until they are 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 19 minutes or until a light golden brown
- Allow to cool completely
Cinnamon Vanilla Frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar,heavy whipping cream, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth and stiff with peaks
- Scoop frosting into the piping bag
Crumble Topping Directions
- Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl
- Using your fingers, mix ingredients together until combined and crumble like
Building Cupcakes Directions
- Pipe a ring of frosting onto the top of the cupcake
- Repeat step again to have a “wall” of frosting
- Remove some apples from the can and cut into smaller bites
- Scoop some of the apples into the center of the frosting
- Sprinkle some crumble on top
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon
Leave a Reply