It’s time to make a cocktail in honor of the upcoming “love” holiday. This Strawberry Cocktail not only looks gorgeous, but it tastes scrumptious! This is by far one of the prettiest drinks you’ll find around this special holiday!
When Valentine’s Day rolls around, you’ll want to have a list of cocktails worth checking out. This cocktail is not only delicious, but you’ll also get to wow your guests with this amazing drink. Be careful though, they may ask you to make it for more than the holidays.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Beautiful – Not a lot of drinks are as beautiful as this one! You’ll love this drink just because of how it looks.
Simple ingredients – Cocktails don’t need to be complicated and this drink is a good example of that!
Uses real strawberries – You will LOVE the fact that this Strawberry Cocktail uses REAL strawberries!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Granulated sugar
- Strawberries- chopped
- Strawberry simple syrup
- White rum
- Lemon lime soda
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Strawberry Cocktail
In a small saucepan, add in the sugar, water, and strawberries.
Put over medium heat and bring to a rolling boil.
Be sure to stir consistently.
Once to a boil, immediately take the pan off the heat and allow it to cool.
Once cooled, pour the syrup through a strainer to remove the strawberry chunks.
To construct the cocktail, add ice into a cocktail shaker.
Pour in the syrup, rum, and soda.
Shake lightly and strain into a glass.
Garnish with strawberry slices and serve.
Hint: A good quality cocktail shaker will help you make this delicious recipe.
Don’t have everything you need on hand to make this recipe? Here are some of my favorite tried and true.
- Lemon lime soda – instead of using lemon lime soda, use real lemons or lemon juice as a substitute!
- Stawberry syrup– use simple syrup if you don’t have strawberry syrup. The strawberries will help make the drink taste sweet and like strawberries!
- Granulated sugar – if you’d like to keep the calories light, then use a sugar substitute.
When you don’t have everything you need, these substitutions work great. Sometimes substitutions aren’t anything crazy, they are just simple.
Changing up this Strawberry Cocktail is part of the fun! You may like the idea of adding or taking away part of the drink according to your preferences.
- Decorate the rim – add a little bit of frosting to the rim of the glass and then dip it in sprinkles!
- Food coloring – play with the drink a little bit by adding food coloring to the drink. You can make it dark red if you’d like!
- Kid friendly – leave out the alcohol and serve this to your kids as a kid-friedly drink.
See this Love Potion Cocktail if you’d like a few ideas for making drinks for Valentine’s Day!
- Small saucepan
- Measuring cup
- Knife and cutting board
- Cocktail shaker
This drink needs to be made from scratch before serving. The last thing you want to do is put this drink together and then it goes flat in the fridge.
Smash the strawberries inside of the Strawberry Cocktail to make it even more delicious. You can use frozen strawberries if you’d like!
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
To make this cocktail, you’re going to need strawberries that are cut up, granulated sugar, strawberry simple syrup, white rum, and lemon-lime soda.
If you’d like to smash these strawberries, then you’ll need to use a potato masher. You can also use a fork to smash down strawberries!
The most popular cocktail in the world is a Margarita. The second cocktail that is most popular is a Martini.
🍽 More Valentine’s Day Recipes
Do you enjoy Valentine’s Day? Try these delicious recipes:
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or toggle on Cook Mode to prevent your screen from going dark. Not ready to cook this recipe yet? Pin this recipe so you can find it later.
Want to pin this recipe from your cell phone? Turn your phone horizontally and a red Pin and blue Facebook button will appear on the left-hand side of the screen. How easy is that?[mailerlite_form form_id=1]
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Strawberries- chopped
- 1.5 oz. Strawberry simple syrup
- 2 oz. White rum
- 1¼ cup Lemon lime soda
- In a small saucepan, add in the sugar, water and strawberries.
- Put over medium heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Be sure to stir consistently.
- Once to a boil, immediately take the pan off the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, pour the syrup through a strainer to remove the strawberry chunks.
- To construct the cocktail, add ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the syrup, the rum and soda.
- Shake lightly and strain into a glass.
- Garnish with strawberry slices and serve.