This Cinnamon Swirl bread is simple to make and only requires a few basic ingredients that you most likely already have on hand.
As the weather cools off there is nothing that I love more than the smell of fresh baked bread. It makes your home smell so comforting and inviting. The smell of cinnamon wafting through the air always reminds me of my grandmother.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Flour – Self Rising Flour
Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon.
Beer – Your favorite time. Any kind will do.
Butter – unsalted. Any brand will do.
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
Step 2. Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and 2 tablespoon cinnamon.
Step 3. Whisk in the beer until combined.
Step 4. Using a small bowl, melt the butter and mix in the remaining 2tbsp cinnamon.
Step 5. Pour half the batter into the loaf pan.
Step 6. Swirl the cinnamon mix into the batter in the pan.
Step 7. Pour remaining batter onto the top of the cinnamon swirl.
Step 8. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until cooked through. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Step 9. Slice and enjoy!
TIPS AND FAQ
You can use bread flour if you do not have self rising flour but you will need to add four teaspoons of baking powder and ¾ teaspoon of salt to your flour to make self rising flour.
When baking yout Cinnamon swirl bread you can make your bread into a loaf like I did. Or you can make muffins using a muffin tin.
If you are wanting to turn your bread into muffins, be sure to spray your muffin tin well with cooking spray or use cupcake liners. You will need to reduce your baking time to about 12 to 15 minutes. Checking with a toothpick to see if they are cooked all the way through.
This bread is a great freezer recipe. If you want to freeze your bread just make sure that you wrap it tightly with foil or plastic wrap. You could also place your bread into a freezer bag making sure to remove all the air before freezing. You can store your bread in the freezer for up to five months.
Store your bread in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to five days. I don’t recommend storing your bread in the refrigerator, it can dry out your bread.
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Loaf Pan
- 2 2/3 C Self Rising Flour
- 4 tablespoon ground cinnamon divided
- 12 oz. bottle beer
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a loaf pan
- Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Whisk in the beer until combined
- Using a small bowl, melt the butter and mix in the remaining 2tbsp cinnamon
- Pour half the batter into the loaf pan
- Swirl the cinnamon mix into the batter in the pan
- Pour remaining batter onto the top of the cinnamon swirl
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until cooked through. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Slice and enjoy!