This Reese’s Peanut Butter Nutter Butter cake is rich, moist and downright sinful! It’s a chocolate cake topped with peanut butter frosting and then garnished with Mini Nutter Butter cookies and rich chocolate ganache. This cake is bound to wow your guests at any party!
In our household birthdays are a big deal. I try to always celebrate my family every chance I get. I feel like life is so to short and we never know when it will end so I don’t want to waste a minute of our time together.
One of the things we do to celebrate birthdays in our household is everyone gets to pick a cake of their choice. It can be something simple or it can be a decadent cake like this Reese’s Peanut Butter Nutter Butter Cake. This year my husband decided he wanted a peanut butter cake. I went straight to this recipe to grant his wish.
Every time we go on a road trip the first thing I want to eat is a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. My husband is pretty lucky because I usually share my Reese’s peanut butter cups with him. When I was thinking of ideas for this peanut butter cake recipe Nutter Butter Cookies came to mind because as a child my dad would always buy the Nutter Butter wafers. It felt like such a treat to share those with him. So, when deciding on what to add to this cake I couldn’t help but go with Nutter Butters.
We like Reese’s peanut butter in our household which is what I used for this recipe. You are welcome to use your favorite peanut butter I won’t judge! We just think that Reese’s gives it just a little more richness to the cake but then again it may be all in our heads!
- Three 9 inch round cake pans
- 2 boxes of milk chocolate cake mix
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 6 large eggs
Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Reese's peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 bag Mini Nutter Butter Cookies for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray three 9 inch round cake pans
with pam baking spray, set aside
- Using a hand mixer and a large mixing bowl, beat all cake ingredients
together until fully combined.
- Divide batter between the two baking pans and bake in the preheated
oven for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the
- Allow to cool completely on the counter.
- Once cooled, remove cakes from cake pan and cut the domes off
- Using a standing mixer, combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy
whipping cream, peanut butter and vanilla and mix on medium speed
until smooth and creamy.
Building Cake Directions
- Place the first cake layer onto a serving plate
- Scoop 1 C of frosting onto the first layer and smooth out evenly
- Place the second layer of cake onto the first layer of frosting
- Place another scoop of frosting onto the second layer of cake and smooth evenly
- Repeat steps with remaining cake layers
- Once all layers have been frosted, frost entire cake
- Scoop remaining frosting into a piping bag and set aside
Chocolate Ganache Directions:
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until steaming
- While heavy whipping cream is heating up, place chocolate chips into a
- Once the heavy whipping cream is heated, pour over the chocolate chips
- Allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth
- Pour ganache into the squeeze bottle
- Using the squeeze bottle, to create a drizzle effect around the top of
the cake, squeeze some ganache over the side allow the chocolate
ganache to drip down
- Pour ganache onto the center of the top of the cake and smooth evenly
to coat the top
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes to allow ganache to harden
- Pipe dollops of frosting onto the top cake
- Place a nutter butter cookie onto the top and side of the frosting dollops
- Cut into slices and grab a large glass of milk!
Leave a Reply