Instant Pot Apple Pie Cheesecake is a graham cracker crust filled with a creamy cheesecake layer, covered with apple pie filling and a crumble topping.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Graham Crackers – any brand crushed
Butter – Unsalted
Sugar – Light brown sugar, and granulated
Spices – Cinnamon, salt, and cornstarch
Flour – All purpose or plain
Pie Filling – Apple, canned or homemade
Cream Cheese – any brand
Eggs – Large, brown or white
Extract – Vanilla, Pure or Imitation
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1. Line the bottom of a 6inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with pam baking spray.
Step 2. Using a large bowl mix the melted butter and the crushed oreos. Press the crust into the springform pan.
Step 3. Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture.
Step 4. Combine all crumble ingredients into a medium bowl, Using your fingers, mix ingredients together until combined and crumble like.
Step 5. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch until combined.
Step 6. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar mixture until combined and smooth.
Step 7. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time until combined. Beat in the vanilla bean extract. Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust.
Step 8. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust.
Step 9. Cover with foil. Place trivet into the pot of the instant pot.
Step 10. Pour 1 ½ C of water into the pot.
Step 11. Place the cheesecake onto the trivet and place the lid on the pot.
Step 12. Press manual/high pressure for 34 minutes.
Step 13. When the beeper goes off, allow for a natural release.
Step 14. Once the cheesecake has cooled, remove from the pot and place on the counter to cool completely.
Step 15. Place into the fridge overnight.
Step 16. Once the cheesecake is fully cooled and set, top with apple pie filling and crumble topping.
TIPS AND FAQS
It is important to make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before you start to make your cheesecake filling layer. Using cold ingredients will result in a lumpy cheesecake layer.
If you want to save a little time, you can purchase already crushed graham crackers at the grocery store. You will find them in a box near the ready made pie crusts.
I used canned apple pie filling for this recipe, but if you want to make homemade that will work just as well.
Be sure to tightly cover with your springform pan before placing in the Instant Pot. You don’t want moisture from the Instant Pot to get into your cheesecake.
HOW DO YOU STORE CHEESECAKE?
You can store your Apple Pie Cheesecake in your refrigerator for up to 5 days. Be sure to keep your cheesecake covered while you store it. Or you can store in the freezer covered for up to 3 months. If frozen just thaw in your refrigerator overnight or until the center is completely thawed.
Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
Apple Pie Cheesecake
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 2 cups graham crackers crushed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
Crumble Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
Apple Pie Layer
- 21 oz apple pie filling
Vanilla Cheesecake Ingredients
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line the bottom of a 6 inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl mix the melted butter and the crushed graham crackers
- Press the crust into the springform pan
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture
Crumble Topping Directions
- Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl
- Using your fingers, mix ingredients together until combined and crumble like
Vanilla Cheesecake Directions
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch until combined
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar mixture until combined and smooth
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time until combined
- Beat in the vanilla bean extract
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Place trivet into the pot of the instant pot
- Pour 1 ½ C of water into the pot
- Place the cheesecake onto the trivet and place the lid on the pot
- Press manual/high pressure for 34 minutes
- When the timer goes off, allow for a natural release
- Once the cheesecake has cooled, remove from the pot and place on the counter to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
- Once the cheesecake is fully cooled and set, top with apple pie filling and crumble
- Spread layer of apple pie filling on the top your cheesecake.
- Sprinkle dry crumble on top of the apple pie layer.
- Cut and enjoy!
Michelle Almaraz says
The directions say to add all the crumble top ingredients together. You’ve included the apple pie filling as a part of the crumble top. Turns out it wasn’t supposed to be added. Crumble top ruined.
Oh no! I’m so sorry! I didn’t realize that the directions weren’t clear. I will fix it to make sure that it more clear. Thank you for letting me know.
Debbie Killinger says
Very easy to make! Would make again
Jennifer Jones says
I made 2 today for tomorrow’s thanksgiving dinner. Shouldn’t the crumble be cooked 350 for 5-7 or until it starts to turn brown, since it has raw flour?
For the cheese cakes they look great..
I heated my flour in the microwave to kill the bacteria so I didn’t toast my crumble. However, if you prefer you can also pop it into the oven at 350 to crisp up the crumble.