Fruit Sherbet Sheet Cake is brightly colored, fruity delicious moist cake that will be a hit at any gathering.
I have always loved sherbet. I’m not big on ice cream but give me a bowl of sherbet and I am one happy lady. I even love sherbet so much that I get excited when I see it in a punch bowl.
A few weeks ago I bought myself a container of rainbow sherbet and a light bulb went off in my mind. I knew that I could turn the creamy fruity flavor into a fruity cake. The end result of my trials was this yummy Fruit Sherbet Sheet Cake.
If you love sherbet or fruit flavored dessert like I do, you are going to love this cake. This cake does require a little bit of extra work but I promise it’s worth every minute of the effort.
Where do I buy cake flavoring for this Fruit Sherbet Sheet Cake?
I used McCormick brand extracts to make this cake. Another one of my favorite brands is Watkins. I found my extracts at my local craft and hobby store in the baking needs section. If you cannot find the flavored extracts at your local craft and hobby store, I recommend that you search Amazon where you can find several different options. The flavoring is really what makes this Fruit Sherbet Sheet Cake so good.
Can I make this Cake into cupcakes instead?
Yes. You can make this Fruit Sherbet Sheet Cake into cupcakes if you would like to switch the cake. You will be able to get 24 regular size cupcakes from this cake mix. I also recommend that you layer the flavored batter instead of swirling if you are going to make cupcakes. Making cupcakes a larger size will mean that you get a less cupcakes out of the batter. I typically get about 18 to 20 larger cupcakes out of one cake mix.
What are cake sprinkles?
Cake sprinkles are the long skinny sprinkles. They look similar to jimmies. Cake sprinkles work better on cakes in my opinion because they are softer. When you are eating cake you really don’t want to bite into a hard sprinkle. I used rainbow cake sprinkles for this recipe. I purchased my sprinkles at my local craft and hobby store. You can find sprinkles at any local grocery store or big box store. The sprinkles really make this Fruit Sherbet Cake stand out.
Do I need any special equipment to make this cake?
All I used to make this Fruit Sherbet Sheet cake was a 9×13 baking pan. I also used my mixer for the frosting. You don’t have to use a mixer you can mix by hand or use a hand mixer. You will need a piping bag with a star tip. If you do not have a piping bag I would recommend using a ziploc bag and cutting the tip off the corner of the bag. It will work just as well.
What is your favorite sherbet flavor? My favorite flavor is lime!
You may also enjoy these other recipes:
Easy Marshmallow Flower Cupcakes
Fruit Sherbet Sheet Cake
- 1 cake mix- White / Vanilla made as directed on the box
- 1 drop Orange Cake Flavoring
- 1 drop Strawberry Cake Flavoring
- 1 drop Lime Cake Flavoring
- 1 drop Neon green food coloring
- 1 drop Pink food coloring
- 1 drop Orange food coloring
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-5 tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ C unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherries
- Waffle cone
- Cake sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non stick baking spray
- Add cake mix, eggs, oil, and water into the mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Split the cake batter into 3 small bowls.
- Add 1 drop of neon green food coloring and 1 drop of lime flavoring.
- Stir to combine.
- Add 1 drop of orange food coloring and 1 drop of orange flavoring.
- Stir to combine.
- Add 1 drop of pink food coloring and 1 drop of strawberry flavoring.
- Add the cake batters to the baking dish by using a 1 small ice cream
- scoop of batter at a time.
- Alternate 1 flavor at a time, filling the baking dish until it is ¾ full.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until baked through, check with a toothpick.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix on low speed for 2-3 minutes until ingredients are combined.
- Then mix on medium speed for an additional 3 minutes until frosting is
- peaking, meaning that it is holding its shape.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the top of the cake.
- Using a piping bag and a large star tip create dallops on top to look
- like whip cream.
- Garnish with cherries, waffle cones, and sprinkles
Leave a Reply