These cupcakes are delicious and easy and are bound to wow your little ones! One of the things that no one warned me about being a girl mom is that suddenly your world and house become overrun with pink, purple, and all things unicorns, sparkles, and mermaids! I think girl babies should come with a warning label when they are born!
My husband has become the best girl dad that I could ever ask for. He puts on his unicorn horn, and practices his ballet, and goes to the hair salon. He swears the reason he’s losing his hair is too many trips to the hair salon. He did stop short of letting her paint his nails though!
With St. Patrick’s day around the corner I knew that I wanted to make something to Wow my girl. I was browsing the aisles at Walmart enjoying my “mom time” when I came across these Wilton Unicorn horns. Then the idea struck me. I knew just what to make!
And, thus these Lucky Unicorn Cupcakes where born. I’m always trying to come up with ideas for unicorn cupcakes because my girl is Unicorn obsessed. I lost count of the number of stuffed Unicorn Pigs, Llamas, Sloths, and cats she has stashed in her room.
These Lucky Unicorn Cupcakes are perfect for a birthday party, you can make them easily in any color. Or for a classroom party. The children are bound to love them!
If you have a Unicorn lover in your house like I do, these will certainly be a hit, And, you don’t even have to spend a ton of time decorating because this Wilton Unicorn Kit makes it so simple.
- 1 box French Vanilla Mix
- Ingredients Listed on the Back of the Box
- Green Food Coloring Gel+
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- 3 cups unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 5 - 7 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Preheat oven as per directions on the box.
- Put the liners in the muffin pan. Set aside.
- Following the directions add ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients as instructed.
- Divide the batter into two bowls
- Mix in a few drops of green food coloring into one bowl.
- Alternate between the green batter and the plain one, scoop about 1 tablespoon of batter each into the cupcake liners until ⅔ full.
- Put in the oven and bake for 22 minutes.
- Check for doneness. ( Insert a toothpick into the center of a cupcake, it should come out clean.)
- If they are not done, check again every three minutes until they are done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
Vanilla Frosting Directions
- Wilton Unicorn icing decorations (Found at Walmart stores)
- Using a standing mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy
whipping cream, vanilla, and mix on medium speed until combined and
- Set aside 1/4 C of frosting in the small bowl and mix in 2 - 3 drops
of green food coloring and mix until combined
- Scoop the green frosting into 1 side of the piping bag
- Scoop the remaining frosting into the piping bag
- Squeeze the piping bag to make sure that both colors will pipe out of the tip
- Using the frosting bag, pipe frosting onto the top of the cupcake
- Using the Unicorn Horn icing decoration, place it into the top middle
of the frosting
- Place 1 "Ear" on both sides of the horn
- Place the "Wink" eye icing sprinkle under the horn where eyes should go
- Place the St Patrick's day sprinkles anywhere around the ears and horn
of the cupcakes.
Leave a Reply