Bailey’s Poke Cake is a moist boozy dessert.
This Poke Cake recipe is made with a boxed cake mix to help keep dessert and easy to make.
To make this poke cake you will need chocolate cake mix, sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, cocoa powder, and Bailey’s Irish Cream.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, spray your 9×13 baking pan with Pam Baking Spray. Make your chocolate cake mix as directed on the box. Pour your cake mix into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
Once your cake is finished baking, allow your cake to cool to room temperature. Using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes into the cake. Make sure to get holes all over the cake.
For the filling, grab a medium bowl and whisk together sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, cocoa powder and Bailey’s until well combined.
Pour your mixture over the entire cake, making sure to get some of this mixture into the holes of the cake. Place your poke cake into the refrigerator and allow it to cool for 1 to 2 hours.
For your frosting you will need butter at room temperature, powdered sugar, Bailey’s, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt.
In a large bowl of a standing mixer, add butter, powdered sugar, Baileys, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt. Mix until smooth and fluffy. Spread evenly over the entire cake and then garnish with chocolate chips or chocolate shavings.
This is a pretty boozy cake so I would serve it to adults only! You could make these simple Sharmock Cupcakes for the little ones if you wanted a festive St. Patrick’s day dessert for the children.
If you are looking for a different adult dessert my Guinness Bundt Cake is a crowd pleaser! I mean why not make a few and make a dessert buffet! A dessert buffet is a buffet that I could get excited about!
This Bailey’s Chocolate Poke Cake is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day but you can enjoy it any day of the year! There’s no need to wait only for St. Patrck’s Day to bite into this boozy poke cake.
Does your family have any St. Patrick’s Day traditions? I know being able to pull out my irish traditions for special holidays. It makes holidays so much fun and something to look forward to each year.
But, to be honest I just like to spend time with my family and in our household we can get excited about cake any day of the year! We are always looking for an excuse to eat cake!
Bailey's Poke Cake
- 9x13 Baking Pan
- 1 chocolate cake mix prepared as directed
- 1 14- oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Baileys
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 5 cups. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Baileys
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray the baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature
- Poke holes all over the cake.
- In a medium bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, cocoa
- powder, and Baileys.
- Mix to combine with a whisk.
- Pour Baileys filling over poke holes and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- In a large bowl of a standing mixer, add butter, powdered sugar,
- Baileys, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.
- Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread frosting over cake.
- Garnish with chocolate chips or chocolate shavings
Leave a Reply