Moist vanilla cupcakes topped with a creamy vanilla frosting, jazzed up with cute bunny ears and bunny feet.
These super cute bunny cupcakes are perfect to help your family celebrate Easter. Or I don’t judge you if you make them anytime of the year just because they are cute. We are a judgement free zone around this blog.
I used a boxed cake mix to make these cupcakes to help make them a little easier and budget friendly. However, if you don’t have a box mix and don’t want to venture out to the store you can make a homemade cake mix if you prefer. Homemade cake mix is very simple to make and requires just basic pantry staples.
Can I use another flavor cake mix?
Yes! You can use any kind of cake mix that you have. You can use strawberry, chocolate, butter pecan, even angel food. One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s simple and very flexible. You can make this recipe to suit your family’s needs.
I made the frosting vanilla so that it makes cute white bunnies. However, if you don’t mind changing the color of your bunnies, you are welcome to make your frosting any flavor or color that you prefer. I think strawberry with pink frosting would be super cute also.
What if I don’t have a piping bag?
Don’t have a piping bag? No problem. You can use the old fashioned method of just a knife to frost your cupcakes, or to make a tall swirl like I have you can put your frosting into a ziploc bag and then squeeze your frosting into one corner of the bag, and snip off a small tip of the bag. This would be a homemade piping bag and will work just as well.
Where can I buy the decorations for this cake?
I bought all the directions for this cake on Amazon. You may be able to find the decorations at your local hobby or craft store also. I would recommend also checking your local Walmart.
Can I use store bought frosting instead?
Yes if you want to use store bought frosting instead of making your own you are welcome to do that. It would make the cupcakes easier and even more budget friendly. I personally would recommend buying the whipped frosting so that it makes a prettier bunny.
You may also like these other cupcakes recipes:
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs large
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream you may need up to 3 tablespoon more
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with the liners
- Beat all cupcake ingredients together until combined
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full
- Bake in the preheated oven for 21 minutes
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar,vanilla and heavy whipping cream until combined and stiff with peaks
- Scoop frosting into piping bags
- Pipe cooled cupcakes
- Decorate the cupcakes with the bunny ear picks and the bunny feet