Mexican Mango Bundt Cake is a sweet and moist bundt cake topped with a yummy fruity mango glaze cooks perfectly in your Instant Pot.
I love bundt cakes. They are so simple and do not require special ingredients. I seem to always have the ingredients in my pantry and fridge. It’s amazing how simple a pound cake is but yet they turn out so delicious.
Sometimes when I make a pound cake I want to just jazz it up a little bit more. That is where this Mexican Mango Bundt Cake comes into play. I wanted to make a special bundt cake to celebrate a family member’s birthday. I knew that they loved fresh mango. I decided to add some mango to my bundt cake recipe and this turned out amazing.
What is a Mexican Mango Bundt Cake?
Mexican Mange Bundt Cake is a simple traditional bundt cake that is covered in an amazing mango glaze. The glaze is what really sets this bundt cake apart from a generic cake. Don’t get me wrong the cake is delicious just like it is. But, the glaze just really ramps up the flavor. If you take this cake to a gathering or to a neighbor you will get so many compliments.
Do I have to use buttermilk for this recipe?
Yes! This cake really needs the buttermilk. Buttermilk adds flavor but also adds moisture. I know that buying a quart of buttermilk can seem wasteful. If you do buy buttermilk you can use it to make cornbread, or biscuits. Or, you could also freeze your buttermilk that you have left. I freeze buttermilk in ice cube trays and then I place the cubes into a ziploc bag and just thaw for baking when I need them.
If you really do not want to buy buttermilk, you can make your own. To make your own buttermilk for this Mexican Mango Cake you will need milk and lemon juice or vinegar. To make the buttermilk for this recipe you will need ½ cup of milk. Take your milk and add in one half tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar. Mix the lemon juice or vinegar into your milk and allow it to stand for 10 minutes. Now you have buttermilk!
Can I use frozen mango for this Mexican Mango Bundt Cake?
Yes! You can use frozen mango for this Mexican Mango Bundt Cake. However, I would recommend that you thaw your mango first. To puree your mango just place your thawed or fresh mango into a food processor and blend until no longer chunky. Fresh mango works the best for this. However, using frozen and thawed mango will not make much of a difference.
Do I have to bake this Mexican Mango Bundt Cake in my Instant Pot?
I really prefer to bake this Mexican Mango Bundt cake in my Instant Pot. If you do not have an Instant Pot then you can bake this cake in your oven. I would bake at 325 degrees for forty five minutes to start with. You may need to bake up to an hour to get the cake done depending on the temperature of your oven.
You may also enjoy these other recipes:
Mexican Mango Bundt Cake
- Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
- Bundt Pan
- 2 C flour
- 2 C water
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- ½ C buttermilk
- 2 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
Mango Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 C of chopped mango pureed
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 -4 tbsp milk
- In a bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix butter and sugar, then add the whisked egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the second bowl while stirring constantly.
- Add milk the the mix and keep stirring.
- Grease the bundt pan with baking spray
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan
- Pour water into the Instant Pot and correctly place the trivet.
- Cover the pan with foil and place it on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once done, white for a natural steam release.
- Let the cake cool a little, and then remove it from the pan and place onto a wire rack
Mango Glaze Directions
- In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients together until combined, smooth and thick
- If the glaze is still lumpy, mix in 1 more tbsp milk
- If the glaze is to thin, mix in ¼ C of powdered sugar
- Pour the glaze over the bundt cake and allow the glaze to harden for 30 minutes