Oreo dump cake is rich and decadent but it’s also easy to make. You only need 5 basic ingredients to make this sweet dessert.
My little girl loves all things Oreo. And, I love all things easy to make. This Oreo dump cake is easy to make and takes very little effort. Since Zoe’s birthday is coming up in a few months I thought I would give this viral Tik Tok dump cake a try to see if it tastes as amazing as it looks because I think it would be the perfect birthday cake for her since she’s not a huge fan of regular cake.
Frequently Asked Questions About Oreo Dump Cake
Can I use a different type of cake mix?
Yes! You can use any type of cake mix that you prefer. I think a devil’s food cake mix would work great. You could also use a vanilla cake mix if you want to reduce the amount of chocolate in this recipe. But, I mean is there really such a thing as too much chocolate?
What should I top Oreo Dump Cake with?
You really don’t need to top this cake with anything however if you want to add a little more to your cake we won’t judge you. My topping suggestions are:
- Fudge Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Ice Cream
- Chopped Nuts
- More crushed Oreos
- Shaved chocolate
How do I store dump cake?
Store the cake in the fridge. However, you want to eat this cake warm and not cold. So, if you have cake leftover and you keep it in the fridge you will need to heat up the cake in the microwave or by placing the cake back in the oven to reheat it. When cold the bottom layer of this cake will harden. It will soften back up when the cake is warm. If you are warming your cake in the microwave be sure to place it on a microwave safe plate first.
What if my cake still has cake mix on the top?
If all of your cake mix doesn’t cook, and there is still some loose cake mix on the top of the cake there’s an easy fix. Simply add a pat of butter on top of the remaining cake mix, and then return to the oven for about 5 more minutes or until the butter is melted and the cake mix is moist and no longer loose.
Oreo Dump Cake
- Oreo cookies
- Condensed Milk
- Cool Whip
- chocolate cake mix
- Salted butter, cut into slices
How To Make
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread 20 Oreos in the bottom of a 9×11 baking dish.
3. Top the Oreos with sweetened condensed milk and spread a layer of Cool Whip over the top.
4. Sprinkle the cake mix in the pan in an even layer and place the butter slices on top.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
6. Place the remaining Oreos in a bag and crush with a rolling pin. Sprinkle the crushed Oreos over the top of the cake and allow to cool slightly before serving.
More Dessert Recipes
Oreo Dump Cake
- 9×13 Baking Pan
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 15 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 15.25 ounces chocolate cake mix
- ¾ cup butter cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 20 Oreos in the bottom of a 9×11 baking dish.
- Top the Oreos with sweetened condensed milk and spread a layer of Cool Whip over the top.
- Sprinkle the cake mix in the pan in an even layer and place the butter slices on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Place the remaining Oreos in a bag and crush with a rolling pin. Sprinkle the crushed Oreos over the top of the cake and allow to cool slightly before serving.