This Neapolitan Bundt Cake is a delicious, versatile dessert that is perfect for any occasion. With its rich chocolate and strawberry flavors, this cake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next party or gathering.
If you are a fan of neapolitan ice cream, then you are going to love this freshly baked neapolitan cake. It’s soft, moist, and tastes amazing with a dollop of ice cream or whipped cream on top.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This sweet dessert is super moist and fluffy and your entire family will love it.
- Made with simple ingredients that you may already have on hand in your pantry!
- Perfect for any occasion, the layers of this bundt cake will wow your friends and family.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Pound Cake Batter
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- granulated sugar
- large eggs, brought to room temp
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- evaporated milk
- strawberry jello packet
- pink gel food coloring
- cake batter
- dutch cocoa powder
- hot water
- cake batter
- powdered sugar
- milk or heavy cream
- vanilla extract
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Neapolitan Bundt Cake
Step 1: Preheat oven
Preheat the oven to 325F.
Step 2: Warm the eggs
Place eggs in a bowl of warm water to bring them up to room temp for 5-6 mins.
Step 3: Cream the butter and sugar together
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy with a hand or stand mixer (about 4-5 mins).
Step 4: Add the eggs one egg at a time
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each.
Step 5: Add the vanilla to the cake batter
Add the vanilla extract. Then, scrape down the bowl and make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
Step 6: Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt
Sift the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt into the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
Step 7: Split the batter into three different bowls
Split the batter into 3 bowls by removing 1.5 cups of batter and placing it into 2 bowls, leave the 3rd in the bowl that it was mixed in.
Step 8: Mix the jello and vinegar
Bowl 1: Mix strawberry jello and vinegar (it will fizz a little) mix until it’s a liquid about 1/2 cup of distilled vinegar.
Step 9: Add the jello to the batter
Pour into the bowl of batter and mix until fully combined add a drop or two of pink gel food color (optional).
Step 10: Mix the cocoa powder and hot water
Bowl 2: Mix cocoa and hot water together first. It’s important this is HOT water, so the chocolate will dissolve and melt, then add to the batter and mix fully.
Step 11: Grease and flour the bundt pan
Grease and flour bundt pan or use nonstick baking spray.
Step 12: Layer the batter into the bundt cake pan
Add the vanilla, strawberry batter, and chocolate batter. Repeat the layering once more until all batter is in the pan. Shake the batter to create the swirl pattern.
Step 13: Bake the cake
Bake for 75-80mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
Step 14: Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool slightly
Remove from the oven and let sit for 18-20 mins before flipping out of the pan onto a wire rack. Allow the cake to cool completely.
Step 15: Make the glaze
For the glaze, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, whisk or mix until incorporated. Pour glaze over the cake, serve and enjoy.
Hint: If you are not greasing and flouring the pan, be sure to use baking spray and not non-stick cooking spray for your cake pan. Otherwise, the cake will stick.
Do you want to change up this Neapolitan Pound Cake recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
Add different fruit jellos: to the batter for a different flavor. Try raspberry, blueberry, or peach!
Not a fan of jello? You can leave it out entirely and just add food coloring to the batter, however, you will not have the strawberry flavor.
Chocolate Glaze: Add one tablespoon of cocoa powder to the glaze for a chocolate taste, be sure to leave out the vanilla in the glaze.
If you love bundt cake recipes, next time give this Tres Leche Bundt Cake recipe a try.
- 12 cup bundt pan
- Nonstick baking spray
- Electric mixer hand or stand mixer
- 3 large bowls
These cakes can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days, and can also be frozen for up to three months. Defrost at room temperature before serving.
- Instead of placing the eggs in a bowl of water, you can leave them out on the counter to warm up for 30 minutes to an hour before you make your cake.
- Once you add the flour to the cake batter, be careful to not overmix as this can cause a tough cake.
- To ensure that your cake comes out of the pan easily, I suggest greasing and flouring the pan. Or, instead, use nonstick baking spray for best results.
- Before you start making your cake, make sure that your eggs and butter are at room temperature.
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly for this bundt cake recipe. You want to use a leveled measuring cup, not a heading cup of flour. I like to use a spoon to level off my measuring cups.
- I poured my frosting on top of the cake, but you could also use a spoon to drizzle it on if you need to.
- If you find that your glaze is too thick you can add a little more milk or heavy cream to thin it out, so that it pours evenly.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Firstly, they have a beautiful, elegant shape that is perfect for serving at parties or for special occasions. Additionally, Bundt cakes tend to be more moist and flavorful than regular cakes because there is less surface area exposed to the air during baking.
Yes, you can use a regular cake mix in a Bundt pan. However, the cake may not bake as evenly or be as moist as if you were to make it from scratch.
The best way to tell if your cake is done is to insert a toothpick or skewer into the center of the cake. If the toothpick inserted comes out clean, your cake is done.
Yes, you should let the cake cool in the pan for at least 10-15 minutes before flipping it out onto a wire rack to cool completely. This will help to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan or breaking apart.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy bundt cakes, try these delicious recipes:
🧾Neapolitan Bundt Cake Recipe
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or toggle on Cook Mode to prevent your screen from going dark. Not ready to cook this recipe yet? Pin this recipe so you can find it later.
Want to pin this recipe from your cell phone? Turn your phone horizontally and a red Pin and blue Facebook button will appear on the left-hand side of the screen. How easy is that?
Neapolitan Bundt Cake
- 12 cup bundt pan
- Non stick spray
- Electric hand or stand mixer
- 3 bowls
- Medium bowl
Vanilla Pound Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs brought to room temp
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 8 ounces strawberry jello packet
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 drops pink gel food coloring
- 1/3 of the cake batter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dutch cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/3 of the cake batter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Place eggs in a bowl of warm water to bring them up to room temp for 5-6 mins
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy with a hand or stand mixer (about 4-5 mins)
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add the vanilla extract
- Scrape down the bowl and make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Sift the all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt into the wet ingredients.
- Mix until just combined.
- Split the batter into 3 bowls by removing 1.5 cups of batter placing into 2 bowls (leaving the third as is)
- Bowl 1: Mic strawberry jello and vinegar (it will fizz a little) mix until its a liquid. Pour into the bowl of batter and mix until fully combined add a drop or two of pink (gel) food color (optional)
- Bowl 2: Mix cocoa and hot water together first. It’s important this is HOT water, so the chocolate will dissolve and melt, then add to the batter and mix fully.
- Bowl 3 will remain untouched.
- Grease/flour bundt pan.
- Add the vanilla, strawberry and chocolate batters. Repeat the layering once more until all batter is in the pan.
- Shake the batter to create the swirl pattern
- Bake for 75-80mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 18-20 mins before flipping out of the pan onto a wire rack.
- For the glaze, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, whisk or mix until incorporated.
- Pour glaze over cake, serve and enjoy