Million Dollar Chicken Casserole is easy to make and so delicious! This dish is perfect for a weeknight meal or to feed a crowd. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and can be made ahead of time. I always get rave reviews when I serve this casserole.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This is a family favorite recipe that doesn’t require much prep time at all.
- Classic comfort food that the entire family will enjoy.
- A great way to use up leftover chicken breasts to help stretch your food budget.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- cream cheese, room temperature
- cottage cheese
- sour cream
- cream of chicken soup
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cooked, diced chicken
- buttery crackers (like Ritz crackers,) crushed
- butter, melted
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Million Dollar Casserole
Step 1: Preheat oven and spray your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Mix together cheeses, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and seasoning
In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, soup, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add the cooked chicken and stir until well combined.
Step 3: Add the cream cheese mixture to the baking dish
Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish and create an even layer.
Step 4: Mix together the Ritz crackers and melted butter
In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs and butter until the crackers are well coated in the butter. Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the chicken mixture.
Step 5: Bake the casserole dish
Bake the casserole for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the crackers are golden brown.
Hint: You can reduce the cream cheese down to 4 ounces if you prefer.
Do you want to change up this Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – add chili pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to this casserole is like a little heat.
- Cheese – you can add any type of shredded cheese that you like in this recipe. Try shredded cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, or even mozzarella cheese!
- Bacon – love bacon? Then you’ll love adding some crispy bacon bits to this dish!
- Veggies – want to sneak some veggies into this dish? You can add diced celery, shredded carrots, or green peas.
If you love casserole recipes, give this Chicken Ceasar Casserole recipe a try next time.
Here is a list of equipment that you need to make this creamy casserole recipe.
- 13×9 inch casserole dish
- large bowl
- small bowl
- food processor
- measuring cups and spoons
The baked casserole can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing this recipe as the texture will change.
The leftover chicken casserole can be reheated in the oven or microwave.
To reheat in the oven: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Transfer the casserole to an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
To reheat in the microwave: Place the desired amount of casserole in a microwave-safe dish and heat on high power for 1 minute. Stir and continue heating at 30-second intervals until heated through.
Here are some tips and tricks to make this Million Dollar Chicken Casserole recipe perfect every time!
- If you want a little extra crunch, you can add chopped nuts or seeds to the topping.
- Try serving this casserole with a side of green beans or a salad for a complete meal.
- If you are adding the vegetables to this dish, I recommend that you saute them in a little butter first so that they soften up.
- This recipe is a great use for leftover cooked chicken or use a rotisserie chicken.
- Plain Greek yogurt or ricotta cheese can be used in place of cottage cheese if you prefer.
- For easy mixing, make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature before you start mixing it.
- Instead of cream of chicken soup, you can use cheddar cheese soup, cream of mushroom soup, or even cream of celery soup.
- Sliced green onions or minced fresh parsley make a delicious garnish for this creamy sauce.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
This recipe could easily be prepared and frozen without the cracker crust. To bake, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, and then add the cracker topping before baking.
You can mix together the ingredients, assemble the casserole, and then store overnight in the refrigerator before baking. However, I suggest not topping with the cracker topping until you are ready to bake.
No, you can use any type of cracker that you like or even crushed up chips or Cornflakes.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy casseroles, try these delicious recipes:
🧾Million Dollar Chicken Casserole
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or toggle on Cook Mode to prevent your screen from going dark. Not ready to cook this recipe yet? Pin this recipe so you can find it later.
Want to pin this recipe from your cell phone? Turn your phone horizontally and a red Pin and blue Facebook button will appear on the left-hand side of the screen. How easy is that?
Million Dollar Chicken Casserole
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 5 cups cooked diced chicken
- 4 ounces buttery crackers like Ritz crackers, crushed. This equals on sleeve
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, soup, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add the cooked chicken and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish and create an even layer.
- In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs and butter until the crackers are well coated in the butter. Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the chicken mixture.
- Bake the casserole for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the crackers are golden brown.