Red Velvet Bundt Cake is simple and delicious. It’s topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting and chocolate chips.
Budget Friendly – Requires only basic ingredients keeping costs low
Simple – This cake doesn’t take a lot of work and effort to put together
Flexible – Easy to make this cake into any flavor that you desire
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Cake Mix – Red Velvet Cake Mix
Sour Cream – Full Fat works best but others work okay
Oil – Canola or vegetable oil
Mayo – any brand or miracle whip
Eggs – large eggs brown or white
Vanilla extract – pure or imitation
Chocolate Chips – Semi Sweet or Milk Chocolate
Cream Cheese – full fat is best
Butter – Unsalted but salted will work also.
Sugar – Confectioners or Powdered
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9inch bundt pan with pam baking spray, set aside.
Step 2. Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, beat together all cake. ingredients except for chocolate chips.
Step 3. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 4. Pour cake batter into the bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Step 5. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
Step 6. Place cake onto a wire rack over a baking sheet.
Step 7. Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients until combined and smooth.
Step 8. Scoop into the piping bag.
Step 9. Cut the tip off the piping bag.
Step 10. Pipe onto the frosting onto the bundt cake and allow to harden. Then serve and enjoy.
TIPS AND FAQS
This cake is very flexible and you can turn your cake into any kind that you would like. Simply just change the cake mix that you use. Try this cake as chocolate, orange, or vanilla. It’s delicious every way that you make it.
Be sure to soften your butter and cream cheese to room temperature. If you use cold butter you will have a lumpy frosting.
For best looks, frost your cake in long slow streaks. This gives your cake the traditional frosting look.
If you do not plan to use Pam baking spray you can grease your pan with butter or shortening and then lightly flour your pan.
HOW LONG CAN I STORE THIS CAKE?
You can store this Red Velvet cake on the counter in a tightly sealed container for up to five business days. Make sure to keep your Red Velvet Bundt Cake away from your stove as heat will soften and melt your frosting. Heat can also cause your cake to dry out faster.
Red Velvet Bundt Cake
- Bundt Cake Pan
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 3/4 C sour cream room temperature
- 1/2 C Canola oil
- 1/2 C water
- 1/4 C mayo
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 – 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ C unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9inch bundt pan with pam baking spray, set aside
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, beat together all cake ingredients except for chocolate chips
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour cake batter into the bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan
- Place onto a wire rack
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients until combined and smooth
- Scoop into the piping bag
- Cut the tip off the piping bag
- Pipe onto the frosting onto the bundt cake
- Cut into slices and enjoy!