Instant Pot Cuban Noodle Soup is hands down the best chicken noodle soup that you’ve ever had. It’s flavorful and hearty and perfect on a cold night.
Cuban Noodle Soup is also called Sopa De Pollo. I love that this soup is a broth based soup but loaded with flavor. When the weather is chilly or I’m feeling under the weather there is nothing that I want more than a comforting bowl of soup, and the more broth the soup has in it the happier that I am.
This soup is made with chicken, onions, carrots, potatoes and pasta. It is filled with herbs, flavorful seasonings and tomato paste. It’s the most comforting bowl of soup you will ever put into your mouth.
Frequently Asked Questions About Instant Pot Cuban Noodle Soup
What is sazon
Sazon is a seasoning made by Goya. It is pronounced sa-son. This seasoning is similar to a spanish style seasoning salt. You can find Sazon in the ethic food aisle at your local grocery store near the Goya bouillon. If you can’t find this seasoning packet in your store you can make it yourself at home. Here is what you need. Simple mix these ingredients together.
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 and a ½ Teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
Can I freeze Instant Pot Cuban Noodle Soup
Yes, you can freeze instant Pot Cuban Noodle Soup. However, in my personal opinion the potatoes and noodles get mushy when frozen. The rest of the ingredients hold up well in the freezer so if you are okay with the texture change feel free to freeze your leftovers for up to 6 months.
What is the difference Cuban Noodle Soup and Chicken Noodle Soup
The difference between Cuban noodle soup and chicken noodle soup is pretty great. Not only does the Cuban version of the soup contain potatoes which is not typically used in regular chicken noodle soup. Cuban soup is also made with tomato paste and sazon which brings more flavor to the soup, My family prefers the deeper level of flavor of the Cuban soup.
How to make to make homemade chicken broth
For this recipe you can use canned or homemade chicken broth. You could also use bouillon and water. I like to use homemade chicken broth and I keep it in my freezer for when I need it. I’m including the recipe that I use. I simply bring these ingredients to boil in a large pot or add them all to my slow cooker. If I am boiling on the stove I allow them to cook for about two to three hours. If I am making it in the slow cooker I allow it to simmer for at least 12 hours sometimes as much as 24 hours. Be sure to strain your chicken broth before you freeze or use it.
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken bone pieces. I use a chicken carcass or just a meaty piece of chicken like a leg or thigh.
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, cut into chunks
- two medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 whole peppercorns
- 2 quarts water
Instant Pot Cuban Noodle Soup
3 cups shredded chicken
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 cups sliced carrots
3 cups cubed potatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
6 cups chicken broth or stock
1 packet sazon goya
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 lemon, juiced
½ box (8 ounces) Barilla Fideo Cut Spaghetti or dried Angel Hair Pasta
1 to 2 cups water, if desired
How To Make
Heat the electric pressure cooker using the “saute” function until “hot.”
Add the olive oil, carrots, potatoes, and onion to the electric pressure cooker. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften. Stir in the garlic.
Add the chicken, broth, tomato paste, sazon packet, salt, oregano,and black pepper to the electric pressure cooker and stir.
Cover and set the valve to sealing. Program the electric pressure cooker using the “manual” or “pressure cook” setting on high pressure for 6 minutes. Allow the pressure cooker to naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure.
Cancel the “keep warm” setting and activate the “saute” function.
Stir in the lemon juice and pasta. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Add additional water if necessary to maintain your preferred consistency.
- This recipe is a great way to use leftover chicken or you can poach some chicken to use.
- If you do not have chicken broth, you can use bouillon cubes and water
- Using angel hair pasta? Cut the noodles to make them into small pieces.\
- Fresh lemon juice is best but bottled will work.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes
Pressure Cooker Instant Pot Beef Tomato Soup
Instant Pot Sausage Tortellini Soup
Pressure Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup
Instant Pot Cuban Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 3 cups chicken cooked, shredded
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cups carrots sliced
- 3 cups potatoes cubed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 packet sazon goya
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- 8 oz Barilla Fideo Cut Spaghetti or dried angel hair pasta, broken into 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 1 to 2 cups water if desired
- Heat the electric pressure cooker using the “saute” function until “hot.”
- Add the olive oil, carrots, potatoes, and onion to the electric pressure cooker. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften. Stir in the garlic.
- Add the chicken, broth, tomato paste, sazon packet, salt, oregano, and black pepper to the electric pressure cooker and stir.
- Cover and set the valve to sealing. Program the electric pressure cooker using the “manual” or “pressure cook” setting on high pressure for 6 minutes. Allow the pressure cooker to naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure.
- Cancel the “keep warm” setting and activate the “saute” function.
- Stir in the lemon juice and pasta. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Add additional water if necessary to maintain your preferred consistency.
Question. Recipe days 6 cups of broth and 6 of stock.
But the instructions say add broth.
So which is it? lol im confused! Is it 12 cups total or is it a mistake?
Oh my! It was a mistake on my part. It was supposed to be 6 cups of chicken broth or stock! Thanks for catching my error!
Thank for replying! I figured that much. So I just ignored it. I’m making it as we speak 🙂 very excited!
I hope it turned out delicious for you! Thank you for stopping by!
Wow this is easy homemade chicken soup is delicious !!!! will definitely be my go to from now on!!! Thank you for sharing !!!
Hey Stephanie! Thank you for stopping by! I am so glad that you loved it! It’s a favorite of mine also!