My Black Forest Cheesecake is heavenly.
This Instant Pot Black Forest Cheesecake is an oreo crust, a rich chocolate cheesecake center, and then topped with delicious cherry pie filling and whipped cream.
My family loves cheesecake. I think that making the cheesecake in the Instant Pot is the best way to make it. The Instant Pot helps to keep the cheesecake moist. Plus, it’s a natural water bath since you have to put the water in the Instant Pot to prevent the burn notice.
The cherry pie filling on top of this cheesecake really brings in a bright flavor. It’s fruity and breaks up the richness of the chocolate so well.
To make the crust of this Black Forest Cheesecake you will need crushed oreo cookies, and melted butter. You will want to line the bottom of your springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with Pam Baking Spray. I strongly recommend that you use the Pam Baking Spray instead of the original Pam Spray. The baking spray provides better coverage for desserts and baked goods.
I prefer to use a food processor to crush up my Oreo’s because that helps them get a little more fine. However, you can do it the “old fashioned” way with a ziploc bag and a rolling pin. Once you crush up the cookies, you will mix them with the melted butter.
Finally, you will want to press them into the springform pan. After you have them pressed into your pan, you will want to place your pan into the freezer.
For the cheesecake you will need two eight oz blocks of room temperature cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, cocoa powder, large eggs, semi sweet chocolate chips, and one teaspoon of vanilla.
Use a large bowl and an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until combined and smooth. Beat in the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla until combined.
Add in eggs one at a time beating each one until mixed. Pour Cheesecake mixture into the crust, and cover with foil.
Fill your instant pot with 1 cup of water. Then place a trivet inside. Place the springform pan onto the trivet. Be sure to keep your pan onto the trivet.
Close your Instant Pot lid and set to sealing mode. Bake on manual setting high pressure for 35 minutes. Once the timer goes off, allow your Instant Pot to naturally release for 20 minutes
Once the pressure has been released remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove all condensation. .Carefully remove the pan from your pressure cooker, and place onto a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
You will want your cheesecake to cool in the fridge for 8 to 12 hours or overnight. Before you top your cheesecake you need to ensure that it is completely cooled. Once cooled use a sharp knife and run it around the edge of the springform pan to loosen the crust. Remove the springform pan, and place the cheesecake onto a serving plate.
Spread the cherry pie filling on top of the cheesecake. Then using one medium piping bag fitted with a star tip, pipe the cool whip around the edges of the cheesecake. Sprinkle the top of your cheesecake with chocolate sprinkles.
Or top with chocolate shavings if your local store has those. I love using chocolate shavings because it makes me feel extra fancy!
This Instant Pot Black Forest Cheesecake is the perfect mix of cookie crust, creamy dark chocolate center, cherry topping, and cool whip. I love the perfect mix of chocolate and cherries. It tastes like a chocolate covered cherry and reminds me of my childhood.
If you are new to reading my site you don’t know this, but my 10 year old LOVES cheesecake. She also loves oreos. So, this Instant Pot Black Forest Cheesecake is the perfect combination for her.
Did you know that cheesecakes supposedly originated in ancient Greece and were even served to athletes at the first Olympic Games? Also, did you know that National Cheesecake day is July 30th? I think we should celebrate National Cheesecake day every day with this Black Forest Cheesecake.
This cheesecake is perfect for any night of the week, or even for family gatherings or parties. It will be the hit of the party and everyone will be asking you to bring it again!
Plus, this Black Forest Cheesecake is made in the pressure cooker which makes it easier to make and prevents it from drying out. Once I learned how to make a cheesecake in my Instant Pot I knew that I would never go back to making it in the oven again.
Love Oreo’s as much as my girl does? Try my Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake here!
Black Forest Cheesecake
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 medium piping bag fitted with a star tip
- 2 cups crushed oreos
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, softened, this is 2 blocks
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz cherry pie filling
- 8 oz cool whip
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Line the bottom of a 6inch springform pan with parchment paper andspray the sides with pam baking spray
- Using a food processor, grind up 24 oreo cookies until sand texture like
- Mix in the melted butter
- Press the crushed oreos into the springform pan
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, andsour cream until combined and smooth
- Beat in the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla until combined
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until combined after each egg
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Fill the instant pot with 1 cup of water
- Place a trivet inside
- Place the springform pan onto the trivet
- Close the lid and set to sealing
- Bake on manual setting high pressure for 35 minutes. Once timer goes off allow to natural release for 20 minutes
- Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
- Using a sharp knife, run it around the edge of the springform pan to loosen the crust
- Remove the springform pan and place the cheesecake onto a serving plate
- Pipe cool whip around the edge of the cheesecake
- Spoon cherry pie filling into the center of the cheesecake
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles on top
- Cut and serve!