Have you been craving something sweet and amazing? These Cannoli Cupcakes are perfection in every single way. Not only do they look appealing, but they also taste equally amazing too. These cannoli cupcakes have the flavor of cannolis but you can take them anywhere. Need a birthday cupcake idea? This is it! Need a cupcake to take to a baby shower? These will do the trick. Now, let’s get to making these delicious cupcakes.
Cannoli Cupcakes Recipe
I would describe these cupcakes as being very light and sweet. I get excited about trying different flavors of cupcakes. The idea for these cannoli type cupcakes came about when I was trying to think of something different. I knew that I wanted a new type of cupcake and this is exactly what I was craving. The taste of cannoli in the form of a cupcake is unlike anything else you’ve ever experienced in your life. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Some of you want to make this recipe, just so you can say “holy cannoli.”
What Does Cannoli Cream Taste Like?
Now that you have the idea of a cannoli cupcake in your mind, you may be wondering what cannoli cream tastes like. A cannoli is typically a deep-fried dough that’s filled with a sweet filling. The cream filling is light and fluffy and not too heavy at all. After all, it’s shoved inside of a cannoli shell, so it can’t be too heavy. Once you bite into it, it’s sweet sweet dessert heaven!
How Do You Make Cupcakes?
Now that I have you excited about these cupcakes, you may be wondering how you make them! To make them from scratch you will need sugar, flour, vanilla, baking powder, butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk. All of these ingredients work together to help you learn how to make cupcakes from scratch. From there, you add different ingredients to help make desserts like these Cannoli Cupcakes.
I give you an awesome recipe to help you make these cupcakes. While I use a box cake version, you can easily make the recipe from scratch if you want. Keep in mind that this recipe also has chocolate ganache and frosting. All of the ingredients work together to create something you’ll want to recreate very soon.
What is Cannoli Made From?
Traditional cannoli is made from an unsuspecting ingredient. This ingredient is typically ricotta. However, depending on the recipe you’re following, you might find a different ingredient of choice. Some people use mascarpone, which is also a yummy option for making cannoli.
What Can You Do With Leftover Cannoli Filling?
Did you make too much cannoli frosting or filling? Are you wondering what to do with it? EASY! There are so many options when it comes to creating a leftover recipe. You can easily make lots of snack choices. Add the cream to almost anything to have an instant snack. You can also make crepes with the leftover cannoli filling. Oh man, I can’t wait to do this again. Last time I made crepes with leftover filling, my family went nuts.
Do you plan on making these Cannoli Cupcakes? Let me know what you think in the comments. I can’t wait to hear what you thought about them.
- 1 Box French Vanilla Cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cup Mascarpone Cheese, softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 cannoli's cut in half
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a standing mixer or hand beater, beat until combined all cupcake ingredients until smooth
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners about 2/3 way full
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes
- Allow to cool completely
Mascarpone Cheese Frosting
- Using a standing mixer, beat the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together until combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop a dollop of the frosting on to the cupcakes
Chocolate Ganache Directions
- Heat the heavy whipping cream in a small pot until starts to boil
- Pour the heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl
- Allow to sit for a few minutes
- Whisk until smooth
- Pour into a squeeze bottle
- Drizzle the ganache over the mascarpone frosting
- Place a cannoli in the middle