Rich and chewy brownies topped with a sweet cream cheese swirl.
Who is in the mood for something decadent and chewy? These Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Brownies are creamy and chocolaty. When I think of brownies, these are the types of brownies I want. And the fact that they can be in the slow cooker makes me even happier. I mean, it’s not every day that you get to make brownies in the slow cooker. The next time you’re looking for an easy brownie recipe that’s pretty much hands-off, give this one a try!
Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Brownies
If you have never had cream cheese in your brownies, it’s a game-changer. I’ve always enjoyed cream cheese brownies better than regular ones because they take the brownies to whole new heights. Make these brownies and see exactly what I mean.
Being able to make these brownies for any occasion always makes me super happy. I can take them to a potluck or I can make them for our own house and everyone loves them. You’ll also be happy that these are budget-friendly and perfect for any household budget.
Slow Cooker Recipes
A layer of brownies and a layer of cream cheese, it’s heaven in the form of brownies. The really hard part is spreading the batter over the cream cheese, but it’s worth the effort because these brownies are tasty.
The really cool thing about these brownies is being able to make it in the slow cooker. I have many recipes that I make in the slow cooker, but this is my favorite by far. Just the idea of not having to turn on the oven makes me super happy!
Can You Cook with Cream Cheese?
Since this Slow Cooker Cream Cheese recipe calls for cream cheese, you may be wondering if you can even cook with cream cheese. The answer is yes! You can make brownies, cookies, frostings and much more. If you can dream it, then you can make it!
How Do I Store Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Brownies?
When it comes to making foods that have cream cheese in them, they always do better in the fridge. If a recipe only has a small amount of cream cheese, then it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. Keep this in mind so you can decide if you should put the brownies in the fridge or on the counter.
Can Cream Cheese Brownies Be Left Out?
If you wanted to leave cream cheese brownies out for a day or two that would be fine. Long term though, you’d want to store them in the fridge. You can even freeze these brownies and they would taste delicious. Just make sure you wrap them tightly so no air gets to them. Items like brownies should always be kept in airtight containers so bacteria cannot grow.
Do you plan on making these Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Brownies? I can’t wait to make them again. I always have a nice big glass of milk with my brownies. What’s your favorite part of eating brownies? I’d love to know!
- Slow Cooker/Crock Pot
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs plus one yolk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Swirl
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Line crock pot with parchment paper or spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the properly measured flour, salt and cocoa powder. Stir together with a spoon until mixed. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the chopped unsweetened chocolate and softened butter. Stir occasionally until it’s fully melted, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a larger mixing bowl, beat the sugar and eggs plus additional egg yolk with an electric mixer for 1 minute, until the mixture is pale yellow and doubled in volume.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour it into the egg mixture. Then add the vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Stir with a spatula to combine.
- Spoon the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, mixing with a spatula just until combined. Do not continue to mix the batter once you can no longer see flour.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the batter.
- Add the remaining batter to the crock pot. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and egg, beat using an electric mixer until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle the cream cheese filling in a grid pattern, then use a butter knife and drag it across the grid to create swirls.
- Add in the remaining 1/3 cup of batter where you see fit. Swirl again with the knife.
- Cook for 3 hours on HIGH. Turn off crock pot and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting.