Take your normal taco night to the next level. Air Fryer tacos taste like they are fresh out of your favorite restaurant’s kitchen but they are simple to make at home!
Ready to take your taco Tuesday dinner up a few notches? These Air Fryer tacos are amazing and delicious! Putting your tacos in the air fryer makes them extra crispy! I also find that they taste more like a fresh restaurant taco. Our family really enjoys how our tacos turnout in the air fryer.
The best part of making tacos in your air fryer is that they are simple to make! They don’t require a lot of extra effort but the taste is worth the five minutes needed for the air fryer!
Steps to make Air Fryer Tacos:
First you will want to brown your ground beef in a skillet. Next, you will need to drain off the excess grease. Then add in your taco seasoning, water and diced tomatoes with green chillies. Do not drain your can of diced tomatoes and green chilies. Stir these ingredients together and then allow to simmer for about 8 minutes. You will want your sauce to thicken some.
After your sauce has thickened you will want to spread a layer of beans into each taco. I find it easier to do this with the back of a spoon. I also like to spread the beans about halfway up the sides of my taco shell so that I get beans and meat into most bites of my tacos. Once you have spread the beans adding in your meat mixture and top with a layer of shredded cheese.
Place your tacos in your air fryer basket. Set the temperature of your air fryer at 350 degrees and cook your tacos for 5 minutes. Continue cooking in batches until all your tacos are cooked if needed. Once your tacos are finished add on the toppings you enjoy and serve. In our house we like sour cream, lettuce, and guacamole on our tacos!
Do not drain your excess grease into your sink as it can clog your drains. Drain your grease into an empty jar. Or line a bowl with some aluminum foil, pour your grease into the foil and allow to harden. Once hard, ball up your foil and toss in the trash can.
For easy clean up with your air fryer, place a piece of aluminum foil underneath your air fryer basket to catch crumbs. Then all you need to do is toss the foil when you are finished cooking.
Air Fryer Tacos
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 10- ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 12 taco shells
- 1 16- ounce can refried beans prepared
- 2 cups shredded taco blend cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Sour cream for topping
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain excess grease, then add taco seasoning, water, and diced tomatoes with chilies. Stir to combine and cook over medium low heat for 5 to 8 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken.
- Spread a layer of beans in the bottom of each taco. Top the beans with the ground beef mixture, then add a layer of cheese. Place the tacos in the basket of the air fryer in an upright position.
- Set the air fryer to cook at 350 degrees for five minutes. When the cook time is up, remove the tacos from the basket. Continue cooking in batches until all the tacos are cooked.
- Top each taco with shredded lettuce and garnish with sour cream before serving.