How many of you love the taste of chicken caesar? Anytime I go out to eat, I always get a Caesar salad. I wanted to bring this same taste to a meal that the whole family would love and that’s where I came up with Chicken Caesar Casserole. This dish is so flavorful and so delicious, you won’t be able to get enough of it. Let’s talk about how you can make this right at home for your own family for dinner tonight.
Chicken Caesar Casserole
This dish has the same flavors of a chicken Caesar salad that you love, but this dish is a whole lot more hearty and filling. Whenever we’re having a potluck or I’m inviting people over to my house, I make this dish and everyone loves it. You can even make a Chicken Caesar Salad to serve with this casserole if you really want to. The taste is amazing!
Benefits of the Ingredients in Caesar Casserole
The benefits of the ingredients in the Chicken Caesar Casserole is awesome. There are several ingredients that are very healthy for you and will make your taste buds very happy. I want to break some of these ingredients down for you!
Chicken – Everyone knows how good chicken tastes, but it is also great for your diet. Chicken is a very lean protein that is great to consume whenever possible. Plus, it helps bring this dish to life!
Chicken Broth – This is also a very good ingredient to use in your casseroles. Chicken broth helps bring a lot of flavor to this dish. If you make your own chicken broth, you are also getting a ton of nutrients in your body. You can also get nutrients from buying chicken broth, but it doesn’t have the same health benefits!
Mushroom – When you take the time to put mushrooms in any of your dishes, you are doing yourself a big favor. Mushrooms are great because they help to support your immune system. Mushrooms also help prevent damage to the cells in your body.
Swiss cheese – I don’t know about you, but I love Swiss cheese. One ounce of Swiss cheese is actually 8 grams of protein. That’s a lot of protein and the tastes of Swiss cheese is awesome. It brings so much flavor to this meal.
How to Store Chicken Caesar Casserole
All you need to store this casserole is an airtight container. This casserole makes excellent leftovers. In fact, one of the reasons I make this meal is so that I don’t have to cook for a few days. It’s always so tasty and a big hit at our house. Place any leftovers you have in an airtight container and then put the container in the fridge.
The next time you’re looking for a delicious meal, make this Chicken Caesar Casserole, you’ll enjoy it so much!
Chicken Caesar Casserole
- Baking Dish
- ½ cup Caesar salad dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 6 bacon slices cooked and chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushroom
- 1 cup onion diced
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup swiss cheese grated
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- In a large baking dish add your chicken breast and Marinate in caesar
- When your ready to cook your entree.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Drain off all the grease from the bacon, dice into chunks.
- Remove chicken from marinade and cook in bacon greased pan until well browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and place in casserole dish.
- Add butter, onions, and mushrooms in a medium sized frying pan.
- Cook until soft and caramelized.
- Add your flour into the onions and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and cream into the onion / mushroom mixture, bring to
boil, constantly stirring.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the salt, pepper, lemon juice, swiss cheese, and parsley to your
onion mixture and cook until melted.
- Pour over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Dice your fresh tomatoes and place them on top of the chicken.
Bake, uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Prepare your angel hair pasta as directed on the box.
- Remove chicken from the oven, add in the pasta.
- Toss to combine.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and, fresh parsley.