This Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf is the perfect baked loaf recipe. It has just the right hint of pumpkin spice to give you all your favorite flavor. Even better is that you can bake this loaf into muffins to make it easier to eat on the run!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Flour – all purpose
Seasoning and Spices – baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and vanilla extract.
Puree – Pumpkin, fresh or canned
Seeds – Pumpkin Seeds, roasted salted or unsalted
Eggs – Large eggs or egg substitute equivalent to 3 large eggs
Sugar – granulated or pure cane sugar, and packed brown sugar
Oil – Vegetable or canola
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Step 2. Spray loaf pan thoroughly with non stick cooking spray.
Step 3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a medium bowl.
Step 4. Using an electric mixer combine the oil, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin puree until well combined.
Step 5. Reduce the mixer speed to low, and slowly add in the flour mixture, continue mixing until the batter is smooth.
Step 6. Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Step 7. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of the batter in a loaf pan. Press lightly.
Step 8. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Check for doneness by touching the top of the loaf. The loaf will feel slightly firm to the touch when done.
Step 9. Insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf, if it comes out clean, your loaf is done.
Step 10. Step pan aside and allow to cool completely. Once cooled invert the loaf pan onto a serving platter.
Step 11. Slice in 1 to 1 and a half inch thick slices and serve.
TIPS AND FAQS
I used canned pumpkin puree for this Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf recipe just to make it simple. Homemade would be delicious in the recipe if you are willing to make your own!
I used salted and roasted pumpkin seeds that I purchased at the grocery store. You can roast your own pumpkin seeds by tossing the seeds in 2 teaspoon of melted butter and sprinkling with salt. Then place on a cookie sheet in a 300 degree oven for about 20 to 30 mins, or until they are golden brown.
Pumpkins seeds are often called pepitas if you are looking for them in your local grocery store.
- Loaf Pan
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prep loaf pan with non-stick spray
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda,pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer combine the oil, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla,and eggs in the mixing bowl until smooth. Add in the pumpkin puree beating until mixed.
- Reduce the mixer to low. Slowly add in the flour mixture into the mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on the top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Check to ensure that the bread is done by touching the top of the loaf. The loaf will feel slightly firm.
- Insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf and if it comes out clean the bread is done.
- Set pan aside to cool.
- Once cooled then invert the loaf pan onto a serving platter.
- Slice and then serve.
Leave a Reply