My Slow Cooker Pot Roast is fork tender, with hearty vegetables. This Slow Cooker Pot Roast is simple and just like grandma used to make. It will bring back all the memories of Sunday dinners with your family as a child. Pot Roast has always been my favorite comfort food.
When I was growing up on Sundays we would visit my grandmother’s house and she always made pot roast, mashed potatoes, and fresh green beans or collard greens. It became a tradition and even now that I’m grown with my own family I can’t help but crave that Sunday pot roast dinner.
Even though I put potatoes in my pot roast recipe I still feel like I need to serve them with mashed potatoes. There is just something comforting about a huge bowl of creamy, steamy mashed potatoes, topped with a little gravy from this pot roast makes it delicious combination.
This Crockpot pot roast is perfect for a busy day when you need to have dinner ready when you get home from a long day of work, church or sports.
I hope that this simple recipe helps you make memories with your family and friends.
I can’t wait to hear your thoughts about this pot roast. Leave me a comment below with how you like to serve yours.
- 3 lbs roast (I like a chuck roast for this)
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 medium onion cut into chunks
- 3 cups beef broth or stock (i prefer stock)
- 6 oz beer of your choice (this is optional but provides great flavor)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Place roast in crockpot.
- Place potatoes, carrots & onion around the roast.
- Pour in the beef stock.
- Time to pour that beer!
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper & garlic and cook on low for 8hrs.
- After roast is fully cooked, take 2 cups of liquid from the crockpot and pour it into a sauce pan.
- Whisk in the water and cornstarch in with the roast juice to make a gravy.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until it begins to thicken. It will thicken as it cools as well.
- Drizzle the gravy over the roast, carrots and potatoes and enjoy!