These Samoa Brownies are rich fudgy brownies, that are topping with toasted coconut, gooey caramel and chocolate for an extra special treat. Plus, you don’t have to wait until Girl Scout Cookie Season to make this sweet treat.
Brownies are one of my favorite desserts because they are chewy, sweet, and oh so easy to make. If you are like me and love brownies then check out these Grasshopper Brownies, they taste like Thin Mints!
Why I Love This Recipe
This delicious recipe features a rich fudgy texture, topped with toasty coconut flakes, decadent caramel and creamy chocolate for an indulgent treat. Enjoy this sweet treat any time of the year without having to wait for Girl Scout Cookie Season!
- A great way to change up a basic box of brownie mix.
- They are so easy to make and they taste like a million bucks!
- These Samoa Brownies will be a hit at any get-together or potluck.
If you love brownies check out these Heart-Shaped White Chocolate Covered Brownies.
Brownie Mix – All you need is a box of your favorite brownie mix. Any brand will do. We like Ghirardelli.
Shredded Coconut – You can use the dried or the frozen flakes for this recipe.
Caramel Ice Cream Topping – Make sure to pick up the ice cream topping and not the syrup, as the topping is thicker.
Chocolate Chips – I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you could also milk chocolate or dark chocolate if you prefer.
How to Make These Samoa Brownies
Making this fudgy copycat girl scout cookie recipe is so simple. Just follow the instructions below, and you will have delicious and rich brownies in no time at all.
Step 1: Bake the brownies
Make and bake the brownies according to the package directions.
Step 2: Toast the coconut
While the oven is still on, place the coconut on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toast the parchment in the oven until evenly browned, stirring often, for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the coconut from the oven and allow it to cool slightly.
Step 3: Mix the caramel and coconut
Add the caramel to the coconut and stir to combine.
Step 4: Spread the coconut over top of the brownies
Spoon the coconut mixture over the cooked brownies in an even layer.
Step 5: Pipe the chocolate on top
Transfer the melted chocolate to a piping bag with the corner snipped. Drizzle the chocolate over the brownies.
Step 6: Chill the brownies
Refrigerate the brownies until cooled. Slice and serve.
I love to serve these brownies with a meal like this Spaghetti Alfredo and a side of these Air Fryer Dinner Rolls.
Here are a few tips to make sure that your brownies turn out perfectly when you make them.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper, this helps with easy removal.
- You will need an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan for this recipe.
- No need to wait for the brownies to cool, you can add the coconut and caramel while they are still warm.
Leftovers – These brownies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freezing – You can freeze the brownies if you want them to last longer. Place them in a freezer safe container and they will keep for up to 2 months.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
The Samoa flavor is a combination of toasted coconut, caramel and chocolate. It is based on the popular Girl Scout Samoa cookie.
You can make your own caramel topping by combining 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup corn syrup, 1/4 cup butter and 2 tablespoons heavy cream in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until the mixture thickens. Allow to cool before spreading it on top of the brownies.
Yes, you can use any type or flavor of chocolate chips that you like! Dark chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter chips, etc. would all work great.
More Brownies Recipes
If you like brownies, give these recipes a try:
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin it so that you can come back to it later.
- Casserole Dish
- Baking Sheet lined with parchment paper
- mixing bowls
- piping bag
- 15.25 ounces brownie mix prepared according to the package directions
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 16 ounces caramel ice cream topping
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- After cooking the brownies according to the package directions and while the oven is still on, place the coconut on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toast the parchment in the oven until evenly browned, stirring often, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the coconut from the oven and allow it to cool slightly.
- Add the caramel to the coconut and stir to combine.
- Spoon the coconut mixture over the cooked brownies in an even layer.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a piping bag with the corner snipped. Drizzle the chocolate over the brownies.
- Refrigerate the brownies until cooled.
- Slice and serve.
Leave a Reply