These Grasshopper brownies are rich, fudgy, chocolate mint brownies with a fluffy minty cream cheese buttercream frosting!
Chocolate and mint is my favorite flavor combination. There is just something about rich chocolate with a smooth hint of mint makes my taste buds zing. These heavenly brownies are named after the Grasshopper cocktail. It’s a delicious creamy, minty cocktail made with creme de menthe.
This brownie recipe is sometimes also know as Creme de Menthe Brownies. I like that name better because who wants to name their dessert after a bug? No matter what you call these Grasshooper Brownies the taste is amazing either way. They will quickly become a family favorite at your household. If you are getting ready for St. Patrick’s Day these would be perfect to stick with the green theme for the holiday! So, hey it’s a win for me they are festive and yummy at the same time.
My ten year old loves Andes Mints. She calls them “Olive Garden mints” because that’s where she gets them. When the server brings the mints to the table at Olive Garden, she’s quick to steal them all off the table before anyone else can get one.
If you serve these Grasshopper Brownies to your family, you will get brownie points from the family I’m willing to bet!
- 1 box Family Size Brownie Mix (13x9 pan size)
- Ingredients to bake brownies as directed
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green Food Coloring
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Bake brownies according to package directions, allow to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer blend together cream cheese and butter.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time, beating between additions until well incorporated
- Add in vanilla and peppermint extracts and continue beating.
- Add in green food coloring a few drops at a time until desired color is achieved (I used about 8 drops)
- Spread frosting in a thick layer on cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips across the top.
- Cut into 24 square pieces & serve.