Rich and moist chocolate cake filled with chopped walnuts, topped with a creamy vanilla frosting and chopped pecans.
We love cake and we love ice cream. To me you can’t get better than cake and ice cream together at the same time.
What is New York Super Fudge Sheet Cake?
New York Super Fudge Sheet Cake is a cake that is made from the flavors of Ben & Jerry’s New York Super Fudge Ice cream. I took the delicious and rich ice cream flavors and combined them to make this sheet cake. I also turned the same flavors into a bundt cake. And, coming out soon on the blog I will have a New York Fudge Cheesecake coming out.
How do I keep my cake moist?
To keep your cake from drying out make sure that you do not over bake your cake. You want to bake your cake just until a toothpick inserted into the center of your cake comes out clean. Overcooking your cake will result in a drier cake. I also do not recommend refrigerating your cake as it does tend to dry it out some.
How do I store my cake?
I always store my cake in a cool place, away from heat sources. So, do not store your cake near your stove or oven. I also do not store my cake in my refrigerator. It’s important to make sure that you keep your cake covered while it is sitting in your kitchen. If you don’t have a covered container to fit your cake I always cover mine with plastic wrap.
Could I use homemade cake mix instead of box mix?
Yes, you can use homemade chocolate cake mix instead of using a box mix. I used box mix for this recipe because it’s easier, and I had them in my pantry. If you want to make your own chocolate cake mix though, you will need flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder or soda. Plus, the wet ingredients like I have listed.
Want more cake recipes? You make like these below:
New York Super Fudge Bundt Cake
Sally Lunn Pound Cake
Cherry Cola Cake
Lucky Charms Cake
Cornbread Berry Cake
- 9x13 pan
- Squeeze bottle
- 2 boxes triple chocolate cake mix
- 6 eggs large
- 2 ½ cup water
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray your baking dish with the pam baking spray, set aside
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, beat together until combined the cake mix, eggs, oil and water
- Fold in the chopped walnuts
- Pour batter into the baking dish and bake in the oven for about 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
- Place the chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream over the stove until it starts to slow simmer
- Pour the heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 1 minute
- Using a whisk, whisk the ganache until smooth and creamy
- Scoop ½ C into the squeeze bottle
- Directions to top the cake
- If the cake baked a dome on top of the middle of the cake, remove it with a serrated knife to make the sheet cake even
- Place into the fridge and allow to harden for 15-20 minutes
Vanilla Frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until combined, smooth and stiff with peaks
- Scoop the frosting onto the top of of the cake and smooth evenly
- Using the ganache in the bottle, drizzle all over the top of the cake
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans and mini chocolate chips on top
- Cut and serve and enjoy!
I could totally go for some chocolate cake right now. This looks delicious. I may have to try this recipe.
Neil Alvin says
Yummy!!! Another amazing dish you have here. Can’t wait to try it out.
i have a specail space for dessert after my meals. Thanks for sharing this. Will def try
Jasmine E. says
This looks sooooo yummy. I’m definitely saving this blog for later so that I can make this with my husband. I struggle with making sure desserts are still moist and that they are stored properly, but this certainly helps. Thanks for sharing.
wow this looks so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Will try it out.
Wow. Its mouth watering. Will give it a try for sure.
This looks so delicious, I’ll have to try this recipe out.
FATIMA TAHIR says
Looks Yummy!!! An amazing dish you have here. Can’t wait to try it out because I love to cook.
Mmmm looks super delicious! I’ll have to give it a try now that I’m at home all day and thinking about food!
The recipe is truly mouthwatering it is worth a try. And I will give it a try.
Jessica L says
This looks fantastic! Definitely going to be making this while cooped up the next few weeks! Thanks!!
Jackline A says
Omg that looks so good. I can’t believe you made this. Thank you for sharing this.
Jhon William says
i really like your website simple and clean.
Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! 🙂
This cake looks so delicious! I would love to try it out, so many yummy ingredients in it.
You had me at NYC. This looks so delicious yum yum!
This looks amazing. I will have to try it…thank you for sharing
Suanlian tangpua says
It looks delicious! I would love to try it. Thank you for sharing all the ingredients and process.
This looks super yummy and really easy to make. Saving on my Pinterest so I can try to make this!