Instant Pot New York Fudge Super Chunk Cake is Rich nutty chocolate cake topped with cream cheese glaze and chocolate ganache.
Have you ever tried Ben & Jerry’s New York Fudge Super Chunk ice cream? I love ice cream and thought this ice cream would make a great cake. What’s better than chocolate and nuts together in a delicious cake.
I’ve found that making cakes in my Instant Pot helps to keep them moist. You can make this cake in your oven if you prefer. I would make it on 350 degrees for about 40 to 45 minutes. You can check your cake for doneness with a toothpick.
What is New York super Fudge Cake?
This New York Super Fudge Cake is a rich bundt cake that is inspired by Ben & Jerry’s New York Fudge Super Chunk Ice Cream. My family members are ice cream connoisseurs. They love ice cream and enjoy trying a variety of new flavors. I am not an ice cream fan however. I may eat it once a year, but most of the time even that once is water ice instead of ice cream.
I am more of a cake and cookie kind of girl. So, I took their love of ice cream and made it into a cake. Don’t worry they still eat ice cream with their cake because they love ice cream and cake. Whether you like your ice cream with cake, or just cake you will love this New York Fudge Cake.
What Ingredients do I need to make this cake?
To make this cake you will need one box of triple chocolate cake mix, three eggs, one and a fourth cups of water, one half cup of oil, one cup of chopped walnuts, and one half cup of chopped pecans. You will also need two cups of powdered sugar, one half cup of cream cheese, one teaspoon of vanilla extract and two tablespoons of milk to make the cream cheese glaze.
You will also need one cup of semi sweet chocolate chips, and one half cup of heavy whipping cream to make the chocolate ganache. The chocolate ganache really sets the flavor of this cake.
How do I make this cake?
In a large bowl, mix together the chocolate cake mix, eggs, water, and oil. Fold in the chopped walnuts. Grease and flour a 7 inch bundt pan. Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan, about ¾ way full. Add 1 cup water to the inner bowl of instant pot. Place trivet inside. Make a foil sling and carefully lower filled bundt pan on top of trivet in the instant pot. Loosely fold foil sling over the top of the bundt pan.
Close lid and set to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. Do a Quick pressure release. Let cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes. Use a knife to gently separate the cake from the sides of the bundt pan and empty the cake onto a wire rack above a cookie sheet
To make the cream cheese glaze in a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk until combined, creamy and smooth. Pour over the bundt cake. Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes
To make the chocolate ganache, using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until slightly boiling. Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl. Pour heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth. Pour the ganache over the cake and let sit for a few minutes. Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top. Allow ganache to set before cutting and enjoying!
New York Super Fudge Cake
- 6qt or larger Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
- 1 box triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs large
- 1 ¼ cups cold water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- ½ cup pecans chopped
Cream Cheese Glaze Ingredients
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup cream cheese room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon whole milk
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, water, and oil.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts
- Grease and flour a 7 inch bundt pan.
- Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan, about ¾ way full
- Add 1 cup water to the inner bowl of instant pot. Place trivet inside.
- Make a foil sling and carefully lower filled bundt pan on top of trivet in the instant pot. Loosely fold foil sling over the top of the bundt pan.
- Close lid and set to sealing
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Quick pressure release.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
- Use a knife to gently separate the cake from the sides of the bundt pan and empty the cake onto a wire rack above a cookie sheet
Cream Cheese Glaze Directions
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, powdered sugar,vanilla extract and milk until combined, creamy and smooth
- Pour over the bundt cake
- Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes
Chocolate Ganache Directions
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until slightly boiling
- Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl
- Pour heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth
- Pour the ganache over the cake and let sit for a few minutes
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top
- Allow ganache to set before cutting and enjoying!
You the wording you put vanilla cake box mix??
Thanks for catching my mistake!
What temperature would you set oven and for how long?
I would set the temp at 325 degrees. I would check the cake after 40 minutes. Though it may need more time after that.
Does all the batter get used in one pan or do you have leftover batter? I have a 6-cup bundt pan and a 6 at IP.
Great question! All the batter fits into my bundt pan.
Can you use a springform pan instead of a Bundt?
Yes, you can. But, it will look different and not be rounded. And, I would add an extra 5 minutes to the cook time.
Do you completely cover the cake with foil while in the instapot?
Yes! You always want to cover your cakes in the Instant Pot completely. Otherwise moisture from the Instant Pot would ruin your cake.
Which size Instant Pot did you use? Sorry if I missed it! I have the 3, 6, and 8-quart sizes, but use my 3-quart the most. Would I halve the recipe for the 3-quart?
Thank you for the lovely recipe!
You need a 6 quart or larger instant pot. It’s not really about the amount, it’s the size of the pan. I haven’t been able to find a bundt pan that will fit inside a 3 quart yet.