Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup is loaded with bell peppers, rice, ground beef and bursting with a comforting and hearty flavor. Even better that it all cooks up directly in your Instant Pot.
One Pot Recipe – Cooks directly in your Instant Pot.
Budget Friendly – Requires pantry and fridge staples to help keep your food budget low.
Weeknight Friendly – Have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes from start to finish.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Oil – Olive or Canola oil. I used olive oil.
Onion – Yellow or white onion. I used a yellow sweet onion.
Seasonings and Spices – Minced garlic, salt, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, dried basil, cajun spice, crushed red pepper flakes, and ground black pepper.
Peppers – Green Bell Pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper. You do not have to use these specific colors, I just like the colorful look.
Tomatoes – Canned fire roasted diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
Beans – Kidney beans. I used canned but you can cook dried also.
Broth – Chicken or beef broth. I used beef for this recipe.
Rice – basmati, jasmine or white rice
Beef – Ground beef. For a lower fat option you can use ground turkey or ground chicken.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTANT POT STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
Step 1. Turn your Instant Pot on the sauté function and add the olive oil.
Step 2. When the oil is hot, add the diced onion, and peppers.
Step 3. Stir to evenly cook until the onion is translucent.
Step 4. Add the ground beef, and garlic to the onion pepper mixture.
Step 5. Cook the beef, browning and crumbling for 5 minutes.
Step 6. Turn off the Instant Pot and add all remaining ingredients.
Step 7. Stir all ingredients to combine.
Step 8. Cover Instant Pot and set to sealing.
Step 9. Set the Instant pot to Manual High Pressure for 3 minutes.
Step 10. Once the Instant Pot beeps time is up, allow it to do a natural release for 5 minutes.
Step 11. Then do a quick release, carefully.
Step 12. Once pressure is released, remove the lid and turn off Instant Pot.
TIPS AND FAQS FOR INSTANT POT STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
I used ground beef for this Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe. You can use turkey or ground chicken if you want to lower the fat content of this recipe. Use the broth that matches the meat that you choose for your recipe. I used beef broth, if you are using turkey or chicken use chicken broth.
If you do not have three color peppers you can just use all of your favorite colors or you can just use green if you are keeping your budget in check. I like the taste of the colored peppers more than the green bell peppers. This recipe is flexible with the peppers that you use,
For the rice in the recipe you can use any type of rice that your family prefers. In our household basmati is our favorite and so that is what I used to make our pot of soup.
This soup freezes well. Freeze in a tightly sealed container for up to four months. To thaw place frozen soup in the fridge overnight to thaw slowly and then reheat to your preference.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced, medium sized
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper diced
- 14.5 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes one can
- 6 oz tomato paste one small can
- 14.5 oz Kidney beans drained, one can
- 4 cups broth chicken or beef
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp. Cajun spice
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- Turn your Instant Pot on the sauté function and add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the diced onion, and peppers.
- Stir to evenly cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef, and garlic to the onion pepper mixture.
- Cook the beef, browning and crumbling for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and add all remaining ingredients.
- Stir all ingredients to combine.
- Cover Instant Pot and set to sealing.
- Set the Instant pot to Manual High Pressure for 3 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps time is up, allow it to do a natural
- release for 5 minutes.
- Then do a quick release, carefully.