Instant Pot Cherry Jam is sweet jam that is made directly in your Instant Pot. There is nothing better than a slice of toast or biscuit slathered in your homemade cherry jam.
Make Ahead – This Cherry Jam is perfect to make ahead for later.
No canning – This is a small batch recipe so no pressure canning is required.
One Pot friendly – This recipe makes up quickly right in your Instant Pot.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Cherries – With pits removed. I used fresh but you could use frozen for this recipe.
Juice – Lemon juice. I used fresh squeezed but bottled will also work.
Honey – I used a local honey, but any store bought would work.
Pectin – This can be found in the canning aisle of your local grocery store.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1. Clean and pit your cherries.
Step 2. Set to the side.
Step 3. Place your instant pot on sauté mode.
Step 4. Add in the honey to the instant pot.
Step 5. Cook until melted.
Step 6. Turn off the Instant Pot.
Step 7. Add in the cherries, lemon juice, and the pectin powder.
Step 8. Stir cherries to combine all ingredients.
Step 9. Turn your Instant Pot back on, and set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
Step 10. Place the lid on, seal the valve.
Step 11. Allow to naturally release for 8 minutes.
Step 12. Open, and allow the rest of the pressure to release.
Step 13. Remove the jam into a small bowl and allow it to sit until it is at
Step 14. Add the jam into glass jars and properly seal as directed.
Step 15. Place in your refrigerator.
TIPS AND FAQS
You can use fresh or frozen cherries for this recipe. If you are using frozen cherries be sure that they are completely thawed before starting to make your jam.
If you want to use a substitution for the honey, you could also use agave nectar as a sweetener.
Store your Instant Pot Cherry jam in your fridge for up to one month. I suggest using masking tape or a jar label and writing the date on the jar so that you know when you made your jam. If you don’t use your jam within one month, store anything that is left in the freezer for up to 5 months. To thaw your frozen jam just place in the fridge overnight to thaw. Thawed jam will last for up to one week in the fridge.
Instant Pot Cherry Jam
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb. fresh cherries pits removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 package pectin
- Clean, pit, your cherries.
- Set to the side.
- Place your instant pot on sauté.
- Add in the honey to the instant pot.
- Cook until melted.
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add in the cherries, lemon juice, and the pectin powder.
- Stir cherries to combine all ingredients.
- Turn your Instant Pot back on, and set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Place the lid on, seal the valve.
- Allow to naturally release for 8 minutes.
- Open, and allow the rest of the pressure to release.
- Remove the jam into a small bowl and allow it to sit until it is at
- room temperature.
- Add the jam into glass jars and properly seal as directed.
- Place in your refrigerator.