Transform your favorite breakfast cereal into this delicious Froot Loops Cereal Cake with White Chocolate Milk Splash.
This Froot Loops Cereal Cake is topped with a White Chocolate Milk Splash, creamy vanilla frosting and rich moist vanilla cake. It’s a fun dessert that is bound to awe your family.
If you love cereal as much as my family does, you are going to LOVE this whimsical Froot Loops Cereal Cake topped with a White Chocolate Milk Splash.
The first step to making this fun Froot Loops Cereal Cake is to start by making the White Chocolate Milk Splash.
You will need 1 cup of White Chocolate Chips, 2 small 5 inch balloons, two bowls, and a safety pin for the White Chocolate Milk Splash.
Blow up your balloons to about the size you are wanting and place them into a small bowl with tape on the sides to keep them standing upright. Melt ¾ C of your white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Mix in the ¼ C of the white chocolate chips into the melted chocolate. Spoon the melted chocolate onto the top of the balloon into a splashed milk design by covering the top of the balloon and creating drips around the sides to give the splash effect. Carefully place the balloon into the fridge. To allow it to harden. I suggest doing this with two of the balloons in case one breaks.
After you have baked and frosted the cake, Carefully remove the balloon from the fridge and remove from the bowl. Hold the chocolate part in your hand. Using a safety pin, carefully pop the balloon and remove it from the chocolate. Carefully place the chocolate bowl onto the top of the cake. Fill it halfway with Froot Loops.
Froot Loops Cereal Cake
- Three 9 inch round cake pans
- 2 boxes White Cake Mix
- 8 large egg whites
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup canola oil
- Pink, Blue, and leaf green food coloring gel
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- 3 cups unsalted butter softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box Froot Loops Cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray cake pans with Pam baking spray
- Using a hand mixer and large bowl, beat all cake ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Scoop ¾ C of batter into each of the 3 bowls
- Mix in a few drops of Pink food coloring into one bowl
- Mix in a few drops of Blue food coloring into the second bowl
- Mix in a few drops of Leaf Green food coloring into the third bowl
- Divide the remaining white batter between the 3 cake pans
- Scoop each colored batter in dollops onto the white batter
- Place into the oven and back for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients except for the color until combined and smooth but stiff with peaks.
- Place one cake layer onto the cake board and cut the dome off the cake to make an even layer.
- Repeat step with other two layers.
- Scoop 1 C of white frosting onto the bottom layer and spread evenly.
- Place the second cake layer on top and spread evenly 1 more cup of frosting.
- Place the last layer of cake on top and frost with remaining white frosting.
- Place the cake in the fridge to allow the base frosting to harden for about 30 minutes.
- Coat the bottom of the layered cake with fruit loops.
- Top with the White Chocolate Milk Splash half filled with Froot Loops (directions are above for this)