These Minnie Mouse Ear Cupcakes are one of the cutest desserts I’ve ever put in my mouth. This Minnie Mouse Ear Cupcakes are perfect for Valentine’s Day coming up or you could use them anytime of the year because cupcakes are delicious all year long!
These Minnie Mouse Ear cupcakes would also be perfect for a baby shower! You could even make another color like blue or purple! These cupcakes are rich, soft red velvet. And, the frosting is a creamy cream cheese frosting. Then they are topped with fondant to make the super cute Minnie Mouse ears.
1 package of Wilton white fondant
1 package of Wilton red fondant
1 2inch round circle fondant cutter
1 edible pink spray
1 wilton bow fondant mold
1 heart stencil
Lightly brush your bow mold with powder sugar
Pinch off 1 tablespoon of red fondant and push into a bow mold of your choice
Create 22 red bows
Set aside on a plate to allow to air dry
Lightly sprinkle powder sugar onto a cutting board and roll into a ¼ inch thickness
Cut out 44 round circles for the ears and set aside
Allow to dry for a few hours
Lay out 4 sheets of paper towels or scrap paper to avoid painting your counters.
Place two ears at a time onto the paper
Place the heart stencil onto the two circles
Lightly spray the circles with the pink spray
Carefully lift the stencil off the circles and move aside to dry
Repeat steps with remaining white circles
Minnie Mouse Ears Cupcakes
- Cupcake Pan
- large piping bag with large star tip
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup salted butter softened, plus an addition 4 tablespoon softened butter
- ¼ cup softened shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Red Velvet Extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Red Food coloring gel
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 – 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pam with liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, shortening, and sugar until light and fluffy
- Mix in the egg, vanilla, red velvet extract and red gel food coloring until combined
- Alternating between the dry ingredients and milk, Gradually mix in the both ingredients into the mixture until combined
- Scoop batter into the cupcake pans, filling 3/4 of the way
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes
- Allow to cool completely
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream until smooth and stiff peaks form.
- Split the frosting into two bowls.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring into one bowl and mix until combined.
- Place the piping bag into a large cup and fold the sides over the edge.
- Scoop some red frosting in the piping bag in 4 lines.
- Scoop white frosting into the piping.
- Pipe the cooled cupcakes with the frosting.
- Place two ears on the side of the bow.