This Heart Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is moist, chewy and super easy to make! It’s perfect for any special occasion or just because you want it! Chocolate Chip Cookie Cakes are ALWAYS somehow involved in our all traditions! And, I love that when I make this Heart Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake it makes the house smell so delicious.
In our family we have a couple frosting haters! I know what you are thinking, who in the world hates frosting? Well trust me I have two of them in my family! And, the best part about making this Heart Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is that you can control how much frosting you put on it. If you are like me, you will want to frost the ENTIRE cookie cake! I am a frosting lover and there is no such thing as too much! But, you can always save a side with no frosting for the haters.
Ya’ll should know me well enough by now that know that I’m all about saving the money and sticking to a budget. And, sometimes store bought cookie cakes can get pricey. However, this homemade Heart Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake can make your Valentine’s day budget friendly yet still feel like a splurge and special occasion.
I do have one tip for you while you are baking this Heart Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake and that is to stay near the oven at the end of it’s baking time. I do find that sometimes that you need to add more or less time to get it just right. So, keep your eye on it and your toothpicks nearby. Also, it does like to spread so make sure you stay a little bit away from the edges of the pan.
Heart Cookie Cake
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 ½ cups red and white m&m's
- ½ cup pink and white heart sprinkles
- 1 ½ cups salted butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink Gel Food Coloring
- Pre heat oven to 350 and spray a 9in heart shaped baking pan with pam
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy and smooth
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and
salt until combined
- Gradually beat in dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips, chocolate chunks and M&Ms
- Press batter into the heart pan
- Sprinkle the pink and white heart sprinkles on top
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients except for the color until combined and smooth but stiff with peaks
- Beat in a few drops of the pink coloring until combined
- Scoop into the piping bag
- Pipe frosting along the edge of the cookie cake and top with some more sprinkles . Cut and enjoy!
So festive for Valentine’s Day!