These Air Fryer Match Cookies combine the earthy and vibrant flavors of matcha with the convenience of air frying. Bursting with sweetness, these cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. They are not only delicious but also easy to make, making them a perfect choice for any occasion.
People love matcha! Matcha, a powdered green tea, has a distinct flavor profile that is both earthy and slightly bitter. This unique taste adds depth and complexity to cookies, setting them apart from traditional cookie flavors. So, you can imagine that it tastes amazing in these cookies.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients that you need to make these matcha cookies. You can find the full list of ingredients in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- matcha green tea powder
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
This is a quick overview of the steps needed to make these cookies. You can find the full instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Preheat the air fryer and mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a separate large mixing bowl cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, matcha, and butter until well combined. Then mix in the eggs one at a time.
3. Stir in the flour mixture slowly, mixing between each batch
4. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
5. Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper, and shape the cookie dough into small balls. Place in the air fryer basket.
6. Air fry the cookies at 300 degrees f for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.
Sometimes switching up the cookies every now and again is a good thing! Check out these options.
- White Chocolate Cookies: Incorporate chunks of creamy white chocolate chips into your matcha cookie dough for a deliciously sweet and rich twist.
- Matcha Coconut Cookies: Combine shredded coconut with cookie dough instead of chocolate chips to make delightful cookies that are both chewy and full of tropical flavors.
You can also check out these Marble Sugar Cookies if you want to make an entirely different type of cookie!
- air fryer – 4 quart or larger
- cooling rack
Fridge: Seal the container or bag tightly to keep out moisture. Place the container or bag of cookies in the refrigerator, maintaining a consistent temperature. Matcha cookies stored in the fridge can typically stay fresh for up to one week.
Freezer: First, allow the cookies to cool completely after baking. Once cooled, transfer the cookies to an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. If the cookies are fragile, consider layering them with parchment paper or placing them in single layers separated by wax paper to prevent sticking or breakage.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper this will prevent the cookies from browning too much on the bottom.
- Also, it’s important that you don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket so that the cookies cook evenly.
- I made these into matcha chocolate chip cookies, however, if you are not a fan of chocolate you can leave the chocolate out altogether.
Preheating the air fryer is generally not necessary for cookies. However, if your specific air fryer model requires preheating, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Check the cookies a few minutes before the recommended baking time. The cookies should be golden brown around the edges and slightly firm to the touch. Remember that the cookies will continue to firm up as they cool.
Yes, you can store air fryer matcha cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for several days. However, their texture may become less crispy over time. For longe
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Air Fryer Matcha Cookies:
Air Fryer Matcha Cookies
- Air Fryer
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the air fryer to 300°f.
- Add salt, baking soda, and flour to large bowl. Mix
- Add brown sugar, sugar, matcha, and softened butter in a separate large bowl, and mix until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix.
- Slowly stir in the flour while the batter is whisking.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bottom of the air fryer basket with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough (or 2 tbsp). Roll it into an even ball and place it in an air fryer basket. Leave room around each cookie to expand.
- Cook at 300° for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done let cookies rest for 5 minutes and remove them to a cookie rack for further cooling. Enjoy warm and with a glass of cold milk!
- You can also bake these cookies in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.