Slow Cooker Glazed Ham is tender and juicy ham slow cooked in a sweet glaze. It’s perfect for Sunday dinner or holidays.
I don’t know about you but holidays like Easter just scream ham to me. I love ham. It’s the best part of a holiday meal if you ask me. I’ve searched for a lot of different slow cooker ham recipes but it wasn’t until I came up with this recipe that I really fell in love with making ham in the slow cooker. Using the slow cooker to make ham saves me precious oven space which is definitely needed on a holiday.
Frequently Asked Questions About Slow Cooker Glazed Ham
How much ham do I need per person
When buying a ham I always recommend planning at least ¾ pound per person if you are using a bone in ham. If you are using a boneless ham I would suggest ½ pound ham per person.
How long to cook a ham in the slow cooker
It takes about 4 to 6 hours for a ham to come to the correct temperature in the slow cooker. It will depend on the size and cut of the ham. If you are using boneless ham I would suggest cooking about 3 to 4 hours as they cook faster than a bone in ham. Before serving your ham you want to ensure that it reaches the internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Can I use a spiral sliced ham?
Absolutely you can cook a spiral sliced ham instead of a bone in ham. One of the best things about spiral cut hams is that it’s already cut for you, saving you time on worrying about carving the ham. You will want to reduce your cooking time to about 2 – 3 hours as a spiral cut ham is already cooked and you just need to warm your spiral cut ham all the way through.
Can I use honey instead of brown sugar?
Yes! If you prefer honey instead of a brown sugar you can make the switch. This recipe calls for one cup of brown sugar, so you will need to use ½ cup of honey in the place of the brown sugar.
How do I store leftover ham?
You can safely store leftover ham in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. In order to store your ham you will want to place your leftover ham in an airtight container once it has cooled completely and then keep refrigerated.
I love to freeze leftover ham and pull it out for casseroles. To freeze leftover ham simply place your ham inside a freezer safe bag or container and freeze for up to three months. To thaw, just place in the fridge overnight.
How to reheat leftover ham
You can reheat your ham in the oven, microwave, or in a skillet. I like to use a skillet if I am making a biscuit. If I am reheating a larger portion of ham to feed my family for an entire meal again I like to reheat in the oven.
To reheat a ham in the oven preheat your oven to 275 degrees and then cover your ham with foil and reheat in the oven for about 20 – 30 minutes until your ham is warm all through to the center.
Slow Cooker Glazed Ham
firmly packed brown sugar
bone-in butt-end ham, about 8 pounds
pineapple slices in juice, undrained
How To Make
Step 1: Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the brown sugar in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
Step 2: Place the ham, cut side down, in the slow cooker. Pour the pineapple juice over the ham.
Step 3: In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, ground mustard, allspice, and ginger.
Step 4-5: Rub the spice mixture over the ham. Close the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 6 hours.
Step 6: Remove ham from the slow cooker and cover in pineapple slices and wrap in foil until you are ready to serve. If you like, reserve the juice from the slow cooker and cook down on the stove top and brush the glaze over the ham.
- Use an oval slow cooker
- The glaze is thin when it comes out of the slow cooker. Simmer the glaze in a saucepan on the stove to thicken. You may need to add a cornstarch slurry of one tablespoon cornstarch and two tablespoons of water to your pan if you want a very thick glaze.
- My family doesn’t like cooked pineapple so I didn’t cook the pineapple with my ham. If your family likes cooked pineapple place the slices on the ham before cooking and allow them to cook in the slow cooker with your ham.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Glazed Ham
- Slow Cooker or Crock Pot
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed divided
- 8 pounds bone-in butt-end ham about 8 pounds
- 20 ounces pineapple slices in juice undrained
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked allspice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Step 1: Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the brown sugar in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Step 2: Place the ham, cut side down, in the slow cooker. Pour the pineapple *juice over the ham.
- Step 3: In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, ground mustard, allspice, and ginger.
- Step 4-5: Rub the spice mixture over the ham. Close the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 6 hours.
- Step 6: Remove ham from the slow cooker and cover in pineapple slices and wrap in foil until you are ready to serve. If you like, reserve the juice from the slow cooker and cook down on the stove top and brush the glaze over the ham.