These gooey No Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy and bursting with melted chocolatey goodness. If you’ve never tried Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies then give these cookies a try, you won’t regret it!
No Egg Cookies are a delicious alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies, made without the use of eggs.
These Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for those with egg allergies or dietary restrictions, without sacrificing on taste.
Why I Love This Recipe
These Chocolate Chip Cookies without eggs are bursting with flavor! If you want that melty goodness in a cookie, this is the recipe!
- These cookies can be a healthier option for those who want to avoid consuming eggs or have dietary restrictions.
- The absence of eggs in the recipe makes the cookies soft and chewy, giving them a unique texture that is different from traditional chocolate chip cookies.
- And they taste just as good as traditional ones, if not better! The combination of chocolate chips and other ingredients such as flour, sugar, and butter creates a mouth-watering flavor that will leave you wanting more.
If you love these chocolate chip cookies without eggs, then you’ll also love these Pink Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- Add nuts: You can add chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts, or almonds to the cookie dough to give them a crunchy texture and a nutty flavor.
- Use different types of chocolate chips: Instead of using regular semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can try using dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips for a different taste and appearance.
- Add spices: Adding spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to the cookie dough can give the cookies a warm and cozy flavor.
- Make them gluten-free: If you have a gluten intolerance, you can use gluten-free flour instead of regular flour to make these cookies.
- Make them healthier: You can substitute some of the butter with applesauce or mashed bananas to make these cookies healthier and lower in calories.
How to Make No Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
Step 1: Mix together the dry ingredients
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Step 2: Cream the butter and sugar
In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy, about 6 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. Mix in the Greek yogurt and vanilla. Beat until blended.
Step 3: Mix the wet ingredients with the dry
Add the flour mixture to the bowl and beat until blended, scraping down the sides as needed. Fold in chocolate chips.
Step 4: Shape the cookies
Using a small cookie scoop, portion the cookie dough and place on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Step 5: Bake the cookies
Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack. Let the cookies cool completely prior to storing in an airtight container.
- Milk: A tall glass of cold milk is the classic pairing for any type of cookie, including chocolate chip cookies.
- Tea or coffee: For a warm and comforting treat, serve these cookies with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Ice cream: You can make an ice cream sandwich by placing a scoop of your favorite ice cream between two cookies for a delicious and decadent dessert.
- Fruit: Serve these cookies with fresh fruit like strawberries, raspberries, or sliced apples for a refreshing and healthy snack.
- Chocolate sauce or caramel sauce: Drizzle some chocolate sauce or caramel sauce over the cookies to make them even more indulgent and satisfying.
- Chill the dough: Chilling the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes before baking can help prevent the cookies from spreading too much and becoming thin and crispy.
- Use room temperature ingredients: Make sure that your butter and any other ingredients that need to be at room temperature are actually at room temperature before you start making the dough. This will help ensure that everything mixes together evenly.
Leftovers: If you have leftover cookies, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. They may lose their crispiness over time, but they’ll still be delicious!
Freezing: If you want to keep your cookies fresh for longer, you can freeze them. Place the cookies in an airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat them, let them thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
Freezing the dough: You can also freeze the cookie dough if you don’t want to bake all of it at once. Roll the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the balls until solid, then transfer them to a freezer bag or container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to bake, simply place the frozen cookie dough balls on a baking sheet and bake as directed (you may need to add a couple of minutes to the baking time).
Do you have questions about this Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
The edges should be lightly golden brown and the centers should look set but still slightly soft. They will continue to cook a bit as they cool on the baking sheet.
Yes, you can easily double or halve this recipe depending on how many cookies you want to make.
Absolutely! You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, or even chopped up candy bars in place of the chocolate chips.
More Chocolate Cookie Recipes
If you like chocolate cookies, give these recipes a try:
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin it so that you can come back to it later.
No Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
- mixing bowls
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper or silicone baking mat
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- cookie scoop or ice cream scoop
- wire cooling rack
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy, about 6 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. Mix in the Greek yogurt and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl and beat until blended, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, portion the cookie dough and place on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack.
- Let the cookies cool completely prior to storing in an airtight container.