Maker’s Mark Cake is a boozy dense and oh-so-delicious cake that your entire family is bound to love.
Isn’t it time we have a little fun in our homes with baking? If you’re stuck at home and don’t know what to make to curve that sweet tooth, then you’re going to love my next dessert option. Maker’s Mark Bundt Cake is a very delicious option for those of you who are looking for something a little different to try. Bundt cake is dense and oh-so-delicious! Follow along as I teach you how to make this yummy cake for your family and anyone else you want to make it for.
Maker’s Mark Bundt Cake
Picture yourself putting that Bourban to good use. If it’s been sitting on top of your fridge for a while, then it’s time to help the Bourban understand it’s placed in life. Alcohol can be used in desserts, you just need to know when and how. I will walk you through this dessert and which part of it calls for alcohol. It’s quite delicious and this recipe will only be yummier because of it. I think alcohol has the power to really bring a recipe to life and this bundt cake recipe is proof!
What is Special About a Bundt Cake?
Well, let’s be honest. Any dessert is special, not just this bundt cake. Maker’s Mark Bundt Cake is more than just a dessert, it’s the queen of all desserts. These types of cakes are special because they are a special shape. If someone brings a bundt cake, you know they have experience in making desserts because this isn’t a regular old cake someone makes all the time.
Will a Regular Cake Pan Work?
I will admit that it’s very hard to make a bundt cake in a cake pan, but it is possible. Although the shape will be a lot different, the taste and texture may still be there. You can use a regular baking pan to make your bundt cake. This is great for learning how to bake and seeing how important different pans are for different cakes.
What is Maker’s Mark?
If you’re like me, you may have originally thought that Maker’s Mark was the brand that’s sold at Sam’s Club. Well, with further research and taste testing, this is actually just a really awesome bourbon. It’s produced in Loretto, Kentucky and it is the key ingredient in this bundt cake. The next time you’re thinking about making any type of bundt cake, consider making it with Maker’s Mark.
This Maker’s Mark Bundt Cake puts out so much flavor it’s unreal. When you take the first bite, you really get into the flavor of the cake. I was so surprised the first time I made this because I never knew that bundt cake could be so good. Here are a few tips for making a bundt cake that I wanted to pass on.
- Make sure you measure right. With a bundt pan, there isn’t a lot of room for the overpouring batter, so make sure you measure right.
- Check to see if the cake is done. You don’t want to overdo the whole cooking a bundt cake thing. Make sure you check to make sure the cake is done!
- Place the cake on a wire rack. This is bundt cake 101, you’ll want to make sure you allow the cake to cool on a wire rack.
What’s your favorite part of this Maker’s Mark Bundt Cake? I’d love to get your opinion on making this delicious cake! What did you think?
Marker's Mark Bundt Cake
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cardamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
Maker's Mark Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Marker's Mark
- Spray a 6inch bundt pan with pam baking spray and set aside
- Using a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda,
salt, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, black pepper, and cardamon until
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer, beat together the butter, brown
sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla and orange zest until combined
- Alternate between the dry ingredients and the buttermilk and mix until combined
- Pour batter into bundt pan, filling about ¾ way full
- Cover tightly with foil
- Add 1 C of water into the inner bowl of the Instant Pot
- Place trivet inside
- Make a foil sling and carefully lower the bundt pan onto the top of the trivet in the IP
- Close the lid and lock to sealing
- Cook on manual high pressure for 35 minutes
- Do a QP release
- Allow to cool for 30-60 minutes
- Remove from pan and place onto a wire rack over a cookie sheet
- Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- Using a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until creamy and combined
- Beat in the makers mark until combined
- Pour frosting into a small bowl
- Allow frosting to harden for 30 minutes before serving!
Kumbirai Luka says
I really don’t know much about baking. However I know that cakes are delicious. Will have to show my baker friends this recipe