These Jumbo Banana Nut Muffins are mouthwatering treats that are the perfect combination of moist, fluffy muffins and crunchy, nutty goodness. Bursting with the sweet flavor of ripe bananas and loaded with wholesome pecans, these jumbo-sized muffins are sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more.
Whether you enjoy them for breakfast, as a snack, or as a delightful dessert, our Banana Nut Muffins are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients that you will need to make these muffins. You can find the full list of ingredients and amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- ripe bananas
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- vanilla extract
- chopped pecans
How To Make Jumbo Banana Nut Muffins
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a quick overview of the steps you need to follow to make these delicious muffins. You can find the full instructions in the recipe card.
Step 1: Mash the banana in a small bowl then set aside.
Step 2: Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 3: Cream the butter for about 5 minutes or until creamy. Then add in the sugar. Next add the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and mashed bananas mix until combined.
Step 4: Slowly add the dry ingredients and blend until just combined. Then gently fold in the chopped pecans.
Step 5: Divide the batter between the 6 muffin cups.
Step 6: Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes in a preheated 275 degrees f oven. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
Hint: Once you add the dry ingredients to the wet batter you make sure that you do not overmix your batter otherwise you will have tough muffins.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins: Take our classic Jumbo Banana Nut Muffins to the next level by adding a generous amount of rich and creamy chocolate chips. The combination of melted chocolate, sweet bananas, and crunchy walnuts is simply irresistible.
- Cinnamon Streusel Banana Nut Muffins: Elevate your Jumbo Banana Nut Muffins with a delectable cinnamon streusel topping. This irresistible blend of buttery crumbles, brown sugar, and aromatic cinnamon adds a crunchy texture and a delightful hint of warmth to the muffins.
- Coconut Banana Nut Muffins: Embark on a tropical flavor adventure with our Coconut Banana Nut Muffins. These jumbo-sized treats combine the familiar taste of bananas and walnuts with the exotic essence of coconut. Each bite delivers a delightful crunch from the nuts and a hint of tropical paradise from the coconut flakes.
Storage: If you plan to consume the muffins within a few days, you can store them in an airtight container or a zip-top bag on the counter.
Freezer: Individually wrap each muffin tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to protect them from freezer burn. Place the wrapped muffins in a freezer-safe container or zip-top freezer bag. When you’re ready to enjoy a muffin, simply remove it from the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature for a couple of hours or heat it up in the microwave for a quick thaw.
For this recipe, you will need a jumbo muffin pan. You can purchase one online like I do, but they are also sold in craft stores and big box stores. Or you can use this batter to make 12 regular sized muffins instead.
Absolutely! Adding chocolate chips can be a delicious addition to banana nut muffins. Simply fold in a desired amount of chocolate chips into the batter before baking. You can use regular chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, or even chunks of chocolate.
Yes, if you prefer to make banana muffins without nuts, you can simply omit them from the recipe. The muffins will still turn out delicious, with the focus on the banana flavor.
Yes, you can definitely use regular-sized muffin tins if you don’t have jumbo-sized ones. Just adjust the baking time accordingly. Jumbo muffins will typically require a longer baking time compared to regular-sized muffins.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with this jumbo banana nut muffins recipe:
Jumbo Banana Nut Muffins
- jumbo muffin pan
- 2 small bowls
- Large Mixing Bowl
- hand mixer
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 6 cup jumbo muffin pan with jumbo baking liners spritzed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mashed the bananas with a fork. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy, about 5 minutes. Add the sugar, scraping down the sides, until the butter and sugar are completely blended and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
- To the liquid mixture, add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Add the pecans and fold to mix into the batter.
- Divide the batter between the 6 muffin cups. Sprinkle additional pecans on top for decoration if desired.
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle returns clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan on a wire rack before removing the muffins from the pan. Serve the muffins while warm.
- Be careful that you don’t overmix the batter once you add in the dry ingredients otherwise, you will have tough muffins.
- You can also make 12 regular sized muffins with this recipe if you don’t have a jumbo muffin pan.
- Muffins are finished when a toothpick can be inserted into the center and it comes out clean.