Say hello to these Funfetti Oreo Truffles, a delightful and indulgent treat that combines the beloved flavors of Oreo cookies and colorful sprinkles. These bite-sized delights are perfect for parties, celebrations, or simply enjoying as a sweet pick-me-up.
With a creamy Oreo and cream cheese filling coated in a rich white chocolate shell, each truffle is a burst of sweetness and crunch.
You can easily change out the colors that you use for these truffles. Pink is great for holidays like Valentine’s Day, but you can use green for holidays like Halloween.
This is an overview of the ingredients that are needed to make this delicious recipe. You can find the full ingredient list in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Golden Oreos
- Cream Cheese
- White chocolate or candy melts
- Food coloring – I used pink
This is an overview of the steps needed to make these delicious Oreo truffles. You can find the full directions in the recipe card.
Step 1: Add the Oreo cookies into a food processor and blend until you have fine crumbs.
Step 2: Add in the softened cream cheese and mix until combined and you have a soft dough.
Step 3: Remove the blade and fold in the sprinkles with a spatula.
Step 4: Use a cookie scoop or your hands to shape into 1 inch balls. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Step 5: In a microwave-safe bowl microwave the white chocolate in 30 second increments until smooth. Add the food coloring if desired and stir well.
Step 6: Dip each Oreo ball into the chocolate and coat completely. Place the prepared pan to harden. Top with sprinkles immediately before the chocolate hardens.
Hint: I found that dipping is easier if you use a fork or a sturdy toothpick. I also like to freeze the oreo balls before dipping so that they do not fall apart while being dipped.
While this recipe acts as a base for many more recipes to come, I wanted to share my favorite variations.
- Mint Chocolate Funfetti Oreo Truffles: Take your Funfetti Oreo truffles to the next level by adding a refreshing twist of mint chocolate. Simply mix crushed mint Oreo cookies into the cream cheese and Oreo filling for a burst of cool minty flavor. Coat the truffles in white chocolate, then sprinkle with colorful funfetti sprinkles.
- Peanut Butter Funfetti Oreo Truffles: If you’re a fan of the classic pairing of peanut butter and chocolate, this variation is for you. Add a spoonful of smooth peanut butter to the cream cheese and Oreo filling mixture, then roll into truffle balls. Dip them in melted chocolate and top with funfetti sprinkles.
- Salted Caramel Funfetti Oreo Truffles: Elevate your Funfetti Oreo truffles with a touch of salted caramel goodness. Simply drizzle caramel sauce into the cream cheese and Oreo filling mixture, giving it a luscious caramel flavor throughout.
Check out this Thin Mint Truffles recipe. Anyone that you make these for will be in heaven!
Fridge: For fridge storage, place the truffles in an airtight container or sealable bag to protect them from moisture and odors. It’s best to store them on a shelf in the coldest part of the fridge, which is usually the bottom shelf. This helps maintain their texture and prevents any potential cross-contamination. Remember to keep them away from strong-smelling foods. Funfetti Oreo Truffles can generally be stored in the fridge for up to one week.
Freezer: If you want to extend their shelf life, freezing is an option. To freeze the truffles, first, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, ensuring they are not touching each other. Freeze them on the baking sheet for about an hour until they become firm. Then, transfer the frozen truffles into an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Label the container with the date and contents for easy identification. Funfetti Oreo Truffles can be stored in the freezer for up to two months.
Use the whole Oreo: When making the truffle mixture, include the entire Oreo cookie (including the cream filling). This helps enhance the Oreo flavor in the truffles.
It is best to store Funfetti Oreo Truffles in the refrigerator to maintain their freshness and texture. They can be kept at room temperature for a short period of time during serving but should be returned to the fridge afterwards.
Yes, these truffles can be made ahead of time. You can store them in the fridge for up to a week or freeze them for up to two months. Just make sure to thaw them properly if frozen before serving.
Yes, you can use regular Oreo cookies or any other flavor variation that you prefer. Funfetti Oreos work particularly well for an extra burst of color.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with these funfetti oreo truffles:
Funfetti Oreo Truffles
- food processor
- 40 Golden Oreo Cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese room tempeature
- 12 ounces White Chocolate
- Food Coloring any color I used pink
- Sprinkles optional any color
- In a food process place oreos and grind into crumbs. Depending on the size of your food processor, you may need to do this in two batches.
- Once you have all the crumbs of the oreos add in room temperature cream cheese. If cream cheese is not room temperature, you can microwave for 20-30 seconds. You just want to make sure that the cream cheese is not hot to the touch or your mixture will come out runny.
- Combine the oreo crumbs with the cream cheese. When the dough comes together in a ball, stop combining.
- Remove the blade and fold in sprinkles using a spatula.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Place the dough into the freeze for 10-15 minutes until the dough is slightly harden and the dough has dried out a bit. TIP: You don’t want the mixture to freeze completely.
- Microwave white chocolate in a bowl for 30 seconds. Stir and put back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until all the chips are melted and the chocolate mixture is smooth.
- If you are using food coloring, add it at this time. You may need to add food coloring two or three times to achieve the right coloring.
- Remove the dough from the freezer. Using both hands, roll each piece of dough into a ball.
- Dip into the chocolate mixture and place back on the wax lined baking sheet. Top the truffle with sprinkles if using.
- Allow the chocolate to harden for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
- I recommend that you freeze these balls once they are rolled for 15-30 minutes to harden them.
- While you are dipping the balls if you find they are starting to fall apart put them back in the freezer to reharden.
- If the white chocolate starts to thicken during the dipping process pop it back in the microwave for 15-30 seconds until it is dippable again.