What if you were to bite into a dish that just was amazing? Instant Pot Fire Cracker Chicken is that dish for me. I like my food to have a little zing to it. If your family isn’t afraid to try something new and you’re ready for a great dish, then give this recipe a try. It reminds me of some of the dishes I’ve had at local restaurants. So good! I love to serve this over Instant White Rice. It’s also a dish the kids can help make!
Instant Pot Firecracker Chicken
I would describe this dish as not too hot. Of course, you can always play with the flavorings and make it to where your family enjoys it. The next time your family asks you for takeout, you can be like, I already have the best dish to make!
My favorite part of this Instant Pot Firecracker Chicken is that you can make it in the Instant Pot. I know many of you have been using your instant pots too. They have been such a time saver in the kitchen. I hope you get the chance to make this dish.
Benefits of the Ingredients
Chicken has always been my favorite, especially firecracker chicken. The zing that this chicken has is unlike any other dish out there. Let’s talk about some of the ingredients and how they can be beneficial to your health!
Chicken – Let’s talk about chicken for a minute. You are going to get lots of delicious protein in your body, which is always a good thing. Chicken is great for feeding lots of people too.
Green onions – If I’m being honest, green onions make everything taste so much better, especially this chicken. One of the benefits of green onions is that they are an excellent source of Vitamin K and C. Plus, green onions are where all of the flavor is at in this dish,
Snow peas – If you are wanting to get veggies into your family, then use them in this Instant Pot Firecracker Chicken dish. You will not only get access to the delicious flavor, but you will also reap the health benefits. Snow peas contain minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium.
How to Store Instant Pot Firecracker Chicken
If you are wanting to have leftovers, you can store this dish in the fridge for 3-4 days after making it. Just make sure you put the dish in an airtight container, add the food, and then place it in the fridge. Just heat up and enjoy it!
Can You Freeze Firecracker Chicken?
If you’d like to freeze this meal for another time, place it inside a freezer-friendly dish. You can also use a freezer bag to store it in. I like to freeze it in smaller portions so that I can pull it out and eat the chicken for lunch!
The next time you have a craving for something delicious, feel free to make this Instant Pot Firecracker Chicken, you won’t regret it. What’s your favorite side to make with this dish?
Instant Pot Firecracker Chicken
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 1 ¼ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup corn flour
- 3 large eggs beaten- room temp
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup buffalo hot sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- ¼ cup snow peas
- ¼ cup red pepper sliced
- ½ onion sliced
- Cut up your chicken breasts into 1″ to 1.5″ chunks and set them aside.
- Set up your station with one bowl holding your beaten eggs, and the
other holding your flour, and corn flour.
- Spray the inside of your air fryer lightly with some oil.
- Dip your chicken cube into the egg wash, then place it into your coating.
- Make sure your chicken is well coated and place it into the air fryer.
Repeat until your air fryer is full.
- Set your air fryer to 400F and cook your homemade chicken for 5 minutes.
- You do not want to fully cook as we will use the Instant Pot next.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buffalo sauce, brown sugar, rice
vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Set to the side.
- Add the olive oil and the veggies to the instant pot turned on to saute’ high.
- Stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the instant pot.
- Toss to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the vent.
- Turn on manual for 4 minutes.
- Once the timer is up release the pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Remove the lid and serve.
Leave a Reply