Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is a quick and simple dinner recipe that you can have on the table in less than 30 minutes. That’s faster than your local delivery can bring it to your door!
Quick And Easy – 10 basic ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes
Pantry Friendly – requires simple pantry and freezer staples to make
dietary restriction-friendly – use gluten free soy sauce and this recipe will become gluten free
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR INSTANT POT CHICKEN FRIED RICE
Frozen carrots and peas – any brand, steam in a bag will work also
boneless skinless chicken breasts – boneless skinless chicken thighs or tenders would also work
Onion – any yellow onion variety
Rice – I used basmati but any variety will work just as well
Soy sauce – Original, low sodium or gluten free
Toasted sesame oil – Original sesame oil will also work
You will also need eggs. Vegetable oil, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1. Set your Instant Pot in saute mode. Add in two tablespoons of vegetable oil, and your cracked eggs. Stir eggs to scramble. Once cooked remove from your pot and set aside.
Step 2. Add the frozen peas and corn to your Instant Pot, and lightly toss in the oil. If your oil was soaked up by the eggs you may need a little more. Saute peas and carrots until they are thawed completely. Then press cancel on your Instant Pot.
Step 3. Scrape the bottom of your Instant Pot be sure to remove all the pieces of eggs so that you do not get a burn notice. Press saute on your Instant Pot again, add another two tablespoons of oil to your pot. Add in your chicken and cook for two minutes.
Step 4. Add in chopped onions and minced garlic to your chicken and continue cooking for three more minutes.
Step 5. Pour in your chicken broth and rice, stirring to combine. Select rice mode on your Instant Pot, close lid, set valve to sealing.
Step 6. Once your cooking time has finished, allow your Instant Pot to naturally release for five minutes. After five minutes release pressure. Press cancel on your Instant Pot. Stir in your egg, peas and carrots, soy sauce, sesame oil and ground pepper. Then you are ready to serve.
TIPS AND FAQS
Be sure to scrape all leftover bits from the bottom of your Instant Pot. This is very important to prevent getting a burn notice.
Sesame oil is important to the flavor of this Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice. I don’t recommend leaving it out.
The rice mode on my Instant Pot lasts for 12 minutes. If you pot does not have rice mode set your pot to high pressure for 12 minutes.
HOW TO REHEAT LEFTOVERS?
For best results reheat leftover fried rice in a skillet on the stove. Heat your skillet to medium high, add in a small amount of vegetable oil and place your leftover fried rice into the warm skillet. Allow to cook, stirring often until it is heated through.
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
- 3 – 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs whisked
- 1 ½ cup frozen carrots and peas
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts but into thin bite size chunks
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup white basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- black pepper to taste
- Set instant pot in saute mode.
- Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and eggs.
- Stir to scramble.
- Set to the side.
- Add your frozen peas and carrots.
- Lightly toss.
- Saute, until thawed completely.
- Cook for 3-4 min.
- Hit cancel on the Instant pot.
- Transfer egg pea mixture to the plate.
- Scrape the excess egg bits so it wont burn.
- Set instant pot in saute mode.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the instant pot.
- Add chicken , cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add chopped onions and minced garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your rice, and chicken stock, stir to combine.
- Close the Instant pot, lock lid, set valve to sealing, press cancel.
- Select rice mode. My rice mode does 12 minutes for white rice.
- When cook time is done, let the Instant pot be in warm mode for 5 minutes.
- When 5 minutes is done, turn valve to vent and let pressure release.
- Press cancel and open lid.
- Stir the egg / pea mixture, soy sauce, sesame oil and ground pepper.
- Serve and enjoy