This Instant Pot Chicken Curry Rice is loaded with vegetables and bursting with delicious curry flavor.
I love when I can toss dinner in the Instant Pot and have a full meal done and on the table in under an hour! There are days when I just need a quick and simple dinner that doesn’t take much effort from me. And, this recipe does not disappoint!
This Instant Pot Curry Chicken and Rice recipe has become one of our families to go meals. It’s on our monthly rotation, and I try to save it for those days that you get home and don’t have a lot of time to get food table because you’ve got a hangry family! The best part of this Instant Pot recipe is that it’s loaded with vegetables, and protein so you don’t need to worry about adding something else. Sometimes, I like to add a salad just to add a few more vegetables to picky eaters!
This pressure cooker recipe is by far one of our favorites. And, it’s easy to make so I call it a dinner winner!
This Instant Pot Chicken Curry Rice gets five stars from my family for it’s ease and for the fact that is bursting with flavor! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it.
- 1 ½ cups Basmati Rice
- 5 - 6 Chicken Breast Tenders Cut, into pieces
- 2 tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large white onion
- 1 ½ tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked Paprika
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare your onions, and chicken. Set to the side.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute mode.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Add your bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Saute for 30 seconds.
- Stirring often.
- Add your onion, stir often. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, smoked paprika
- Mix well and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add Chicken to the instant pot. Stir to combine.
- Add basmati rice, and carrots. Stir to combine.
- Add Chicken Stock to the Instant Pot.
- Close the instant pot lid, and the valve to close.
- Cook on Manual for 7 minutes.
- After the cooking is complete let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes,
- Add the frozen peas, stir to combine.
- Close the lid for 5 minutes.