Have you ever gone through the Chickfila drive-through and gotten a Peppermint Milkshake? Now you make it right at home on your own! This Copycat Chickfila Peppermint Milkshake is the best Christmas drink ever!
Imagine how excited your kids will be when you make them this Peppermint Milkshake. If they love the taste of peppermint, plus whipped cream and a cherry on top, you are going to love this recipe!
The peppermint milkshake from Chickfila only comes around during the holidays, but it’s well worth the wait! And if you can’t wait, then maybe you should make it right at home.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s easy to make! You don’t need to spend a lot of time making a recipe.
- You can enjoy a Peppermint Chip Milkshake anytime you want!
- Save money by avoding going out to a restaurant for this minty shake.
- Perfect for the holiday season!
- vanilla bean ice cream
- whole milk
- chocolate chips
- peppermint extract
- small candy canes
- Red food coloring (if desired)
- Whipping cream
- Maraschino cherries
See the recipe card below for quantities.
How To Make Chick-fil-a Peppermint Chip Milkshake
In a blender add 4 cups of vanilla bean ice cream. ( about 8 scoops)
Then add half of the milk and blend.
Add the chocolate chips, candy canes, and peppermint extract. And blend. Then if it is thick you can add the rest of the milk.
You can add 2 drops of red food coloring if desired.
Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream, cherry, and garnish with candy cane and a pretty straw.
Don’t have everything you need on hand to make this recipe? Well, I have a few solutions for you.
- Whole milk – instead of using whole milk, you can use coconut milk or almond milk.
- Crushed mints – crushed mints are an awesome substituion if you don’t want to use candy canes or peppermints.
- Chocolate chips – you can use white chocolate or dark chocolate chips in this recipe!
Sometimes when you go to make a recipe, you don’t have everything you need on hand. These substitutions can work well!
Changing up a recipe is always a lot of fun, especially for kids! Check out some of these variation ideas.
- Chocolate ice cream – while vanilla ice cream works well, give chocolate ice cream a try!
- Mix ins – another fun variation of this recipe is adding candy mix ins.
- Kid friendly – let the kids help make this recipe! They will love picking their fvaorite ice cream and add ons.
See this Peanut Butter Whiskey Shake recipe that you can make for the adults this Christmas season.
- ice cream scoop
There really is no storing this milkshake. It is made to serve. Within just a few minutes, you can make this milkshake and then serve then. Easy peasy!
Let the ice cream sit out so that you can work with softer ice cream for making the milkshakes! It’s hard to scoop out frozen ice cream!
Use green and red candy canes to add some more festive color to this milkshake.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Keep in mind that Chickfila determines when their milkshake is available. However, you can make this Copycat Chickfila Peppermint Milkshake any time of the year!
When it comes to enjoying this milkshake, you may be curious as to what it tastes like. The peppermint flavor is very strong. You will also taste a little chocolate and whipped cream! It’s a very cream milkshake full of vanilla.
Chickfila sells peppermint milkshakes, but also Baskin-Robbins sells one.
More Dessert Recipes
Do you enjoy holiday desserts? Try these delicious recipes:
Peppermint Chip Milkshake
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or toggle on Cook Mode to prevent your screen from going dark. Not ready to cook this recipe yet? Pin this recipe so you can find it later.
Want to pin this recipe from your cell phone? Turn your phone horizontally and a red Pin and blue Facebook button will appear on the left-hand side of the screen. How easy is that?
Copycat Chick-fil-a Peppermint Milkshake
- ice cream scoop
- 4 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 small candy canes
- Red food coloring if desired
- In a blender add 4 cups of vanilla bean ice cream. ( about 8 scoops)
- Then add half of the milk and blend.
- Add the chocolate chips , candy canes and peppermint extract. And blend. Then if it is thick you can add the rest of the milk.
- You can add 2 drops of red food coloring if desired.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream, cherry and garnish with candy cane and a pretty straw.
Leave a Reply