Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake is rich dark chocolate, with a sweet and fruity topping. It cooks up perfectly in your Instant Pot.
Do I really need to say anything more than cheesecake? The word cheesecake just sells itself. But, when you take cheesecake up a notch and add in chocolate? Now that is an out of this world combination that is bound to be devoured by everyone. What’s even better is that you don’t even have to step a foot outside of your home to taste this amazing cheesecake recipe.
This Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake is a layer of sweet Oreo cookie crust, topped with a smooth and creamy chocolate cheesecake layer. Then topped with a sweet fruity raspberry glaze and finished off with dollops of creamy chocolate whipped cream. If you really want to fancy you can sprinkle on some fresh chocolate shavings.
What kind of chocolate is best to use?
This recipe uses semi sweet chocolate chips, along with cocoa powder. I used the semi sweet chocolate because it has less sugar content than milk chocolate. I like Ghirardelli chips the best but you can use any brand that suits your fancy. Just make sure to purchase the semi sweet chips. Be sure to add your melted chocolate slowly to your cheesecake mixture so that it doesn’t clump up.
What is a Springform pan and why do I need to use?
A springform pan is that pan that has clasp on the side. When you release the clasp it allows the outer ring to expand and separate from the bottom of the pan. When the clasp is closed it keeps the outer ring snug against the bottom of the pan to prevent leakage. Using a springform pan is important because it allows the cheesecake to separate from the pan without having to turn the cheesecake upside down.
How do I prepare my Springform pan?
Since you are putting your pan into your Instant Pot, I’ve developed a few tips to help you get your cheesecake out of the pan a little easier. First, you will need to line the bottom of your springform with parchment paper. The parchment paper helps remove the cheesecake from the bottom of the pan without much effort. Then you will need to spray the sides of your pan with baking spray. Make sure you use baking spray that has flour in it. This will prevent your cheesecake from sticking to the sides of your pan. Now your pan is ready to use.
Do I need a water bath?
Typically when you are making a cheesecake in the oven you need a water bath to prevent cracking. However, since you are making this cheesecake in your Instant Pot, you will have a natural water bath of sorts. Your Instant Pot needs a layer of water on the bottom to work, so that water will act as your water bath for your cheesecake.
Why Instant Pot instead of the oven?
I’ve been making homemade cheesecakes for many years. My family loves cheesecake more than any other dessert. When I bought my first Instant Pot I decided to try making a cheesecake in it. I fell in love instantly. The cheesecake comes out more moist and you have less of a chance of it cracking by making your cheesecake in your Instant Pot.
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Pressure Cooker/Instant Pot
- 1 Medium Piping Bag with a Star Tip
- 2 C crushed oreos
- ¼ C unsalted butter melted
Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients
- 16 oz cream cheese softened, 2 blocks
- ½ C sour cream
- ⅓ C sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 eggs large
- ½ C semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
Chocolate Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- ¼ C cocoa powder
- ¼ C powdered sugar
- 18 oz Smuckers Raspberry Preserves
- 4 oz fresh raspberries
- Line the bottom of a 6inch springform pan with parchment paper and
- spray the sides with pam baking spray
- Using a food processor, grind up 24 oreo cookies until sand texture like
- Mix in the melted butter
- Press the crushed oreos into the springform pan
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and
- sour cream until combined and smooth
- Beat in the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla until combined
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until combined after each egg
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Fill the instant pot with 1 cup of water
- Place a trivet inside
- Place the springform pan onto the trivet
- Close the lid and set to sealing
- Bake on manual setting high pressure for 35 minutes. Once timer goes
- off allow to natural release for 20 minutes
- Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to
- cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
Chocolate Whipped Cream Directions
- Using a hand mixer, beat together all ingredients on medium speed
- until it starts to thicken
- Increase the speed and continue to mix until stiff peaks form
- Scoop whipped cream into piping bag
- Scoop out ¼ - ½ C of the raspberry preserves onto the top of the
- cheesecake and smooth evenly
- Pipe dollops of whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake
- Top with fresh raspberries on top of the whipped cream
- Cut and serve!