Trying to decide which dessert to make this holiday season? This Candy Cane Pie is the winner! Not only is this pie very simple to make, but it is a true winner in the beauty department!
This pie could easily become a favorite in your family. Candy Cane Pie is super unique in its flavor, but that’s why people love it. When the holidays roll around, this will become a must-make dessert.
This homemade pie is very moist and you get a taste of Christmas with every single bite!
No Bake Peppermint Pie
This no-bake pie is a treat to make. Not only is it creamy and delicious but it’s also filled with layers of chocolate, cream cheese, and sweet whipped cream. This easy-to-make no-bake pie is perfect for the holiday season and is going to look great on your dessert table.
Tastes like the holidays – Sometimes you want to just focus on making desserts that remind you of the holidays. Candy Cane Pie foots the bill! It tastes just like the holidays, which is what we are going for here.
Easy to make – Some Christmas desserts are hard to make, not this one! You get to use a pre-made crust which really helps to speed things along!
Pretty to look at – I don’t know about you, but sometimes having a dessert that is pretty to look at makes me super happy. When I’m done making it, I can just look at it and smile because it looks so awesome!
You only need a handful of ingredients that are budget-friendly to make this sweet and creamy no-bake pie recipe. One trip to the grocery store and you will be ready to make a sweet Candy Cane Pie.
- Oreo pie crust
- instant chocolate pudding
- cream cheese softened
- powdered sugar
- clear vanilla extract
- whipped topping
- peppermint extract
- chocolate chips
- cold water
- unflavored gelatin
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
See the recipe card for quantities.
Are you ready to make this no-bake peppermint pie? Follow these simple and easy steps below for a delicious and sweet holiday treat!
In a medium-mixing bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Whisk to fully combine and place in the refrigerator to set for about 5 minutes.
Remove pudding from refrigerator and spoon mixture into chocolate pie crust. Smooth out the chocolate pudding then put the pie into the freezer for 2 hours to fully set.
Using a large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Adding in peppermint and vanilla extract. Once combine, fold in whipped topping and the chocolate chips.
Scoop mixture on top of the chocolate pudding mixture and allow to set in the freezer for another hour.
Next, start your whipping cream topping. In a cold mixing bowl add cold water and gelatin. Allow the gelatin to set for 5 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl pour in heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Turn the mixer on medium and start to beat the sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla.
Slowly mix for about 30 seconds and then turn on high for about 2 minutes or until soft peaks form.
Place whipping cream into a piping bag and pipe a star design on the top of the pie. Sprinkle with crushed peppermints or candy cane pieces and serve cold.l.
If you don’t have everything you need to make Candy Cane Pie, then you may need a sub. Check out some of these substitution ideas.
- Crust – if you don’t have an Oreo crust on hand, you can make your own or use whatever crust you have!
- Whipping cream – you can make your own whipping cream if you don’t have any on hand.
- Candy on top – don’t like peppermint? Place your favorite mint on top!
Do you want to change up this Peppermint Pie recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Mini pies – you can make mini pies out of this Candy Cane Pie. Just use mini pie crusts.
- Freeze for later– freeze this pie for later, just save adding the whipped topping and crushed peppermint for when you’d like to serve it.
- Sugar-free version – you can make this totally sugar-free by using sugar-free ingredients!
Don’t like peppermint? You may find that you like Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie better!
You only need two kitchen tools to help you make this Candy Cane Pie recipe. I don’t know about you but having fewer dishes to wash definitely makes me happy.
- metal or glass mixing bowl
When it comes to a Candy Cane Pie, it needs to be stored in the fridge. You can leave it in the fridge covered for a few days. Don’t add the whipped topping and crushed peppermint until serving.
Add as much or as little crushed peppermint as you’d like. Remember that peppermint is very strong, so a little goes super far in this recipe!
Use a graham cracker in place of the Oreo crust if you prefer.
Don’t want to use chocolate chips? Chocolate shavings would also work well in this creamy pie.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Believe it or not, but there are four types of pies you can make! The types include savory, custard, fruit, and cream pies!
The secret to a good cream, custard, or fruit pie is to keep them cold! You’ll also want to make sure you handle the dough as little as possible!
Yes! You can make a homemade Oreo crust by using the recipe linked above.
Do you enjoy pie? Try these delicious recipes:
Candy Cane Pie
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or toggle on Cook Mode to prevent your screen from going dark. Not ready to cook this recipe yet? Pin this recipe so you can find it later.
Want to pin this recipe from your cell phone? Turn your phone horizontally and a red Pin and blue Facebook button will appear on the left-hand side of the screen. How easy is that?
Candy Cane Pie
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 Oreo pie crust
- 3.9 ounces instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping
Whipped Topping Layer
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- In a medium-mixing bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Whisk to fully combine and place in the refrigerator to set for about 5 minutes.
- Remove pudding from refrigerator and spoon mixture into chocolate pie crust. Smooth out then put into the freezer for 2 hours to fully set.
Cream Cehese Layer
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Adding in peppermint and vanilla extract. Once combine, fold in whipped topping and the chocolate chips.
- Scoop mixture on top of the chocolate pudding mixture and allow to set in the freezer for another hour.
Whipping Topping Layer
- Next start your whipping cream topping. In a cold mixing bowl add cold water and gelatin. Allow to set for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl pour in heavy whipping cream, vanilla and powdered sugar. Turn the mixer on medium and start to beat the sugar, heavy cream and vanilla.
- Slowly mix for about 30 seconds and then turn on high for about 2 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Place whipping cream into a piping bag and pipe a star design on the top of the pie.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermints or candy cane pieces and serve cold