This easy Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole is an easy twist for this classic holiday side dish. It’s packed with all the same traditional flavor, but made in the air fryer to save room in the oven!
This holiday season, skip the oven space juggle and make this classic side right in your air fryer. It’s a small batch, that is perfect for small family gatherings.
Why I Love This Recipe
This Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole is an easy way to enjoy the classic holiday side dish. It’s packed with all the same traditional flavor, but made in the air fryer so you save oven space!
- It’s a small batch, perfect for small family gatherings.
- And it fills the house with a delicious comforting aroma.
- You only need a handful of ingredients for this delicious side dish.
- It has all the same great traditional flavor as the oven version.
If you are looking for holiday side dish recipes you may also enjoy this Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole recipe.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this casserole recipe. All of these ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store or you may already have them on hand already which can save you a trip to the store.
- Green beans – I like to use cut green beans. But, you can also use french-style green beans.
- Cream of mushroom soup – I prefer to use the original full-fat can. It really gives this casserole the creamy texture that you enjoy.
- Worcestershire sauce – Make sure that you give the Worcestershire sauce a good shake, before using it. All the seasonings can settle to the bottom.
- Heavy whipping cream – Use heavy cream in this recipe. Not whipped cream.
- Seasonings – I like to use freshly ground black pepper and paprika. Because canned soup should have enough salt, and you shouldn’t need to add it.
- French fried onions – I like to use French’s but you can use store brand instead.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
As with all recipes, you can make this Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole your own by adding in some additional ingredients or switching up the ones I used.
- Bacon: Add in some cooked and crumbled bacon. This would be delicious!
- Top with shredded cheese: I love the flavor of sharp cheddar cheese. But, you could top this with any shredded cheese that you like.
- Panko bread crumbs: For a little bit of a crunchy texture on top, add some panko bread crumbs before cooking.
How to Make Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole
Making this air fryer green bean casserole is simple. Just follow the directions below and you will have a creamy family-favorite casserole in no time at all.
Step 1: Mix together the ingredients in a large bowl
In a mixing bowl, mix the beans, soup, Worcestershire sauce, whipping cream, and spices. Add the bean mixture to a deep dish that fit the air fryer basket.
Step 2: Air fry the casserole
Cook at 350°f for 10 minutes or until hot.
Step 3: Top with fried onions and then cook again
Stir the green bean mixture and top the dish with fried onions. Cook at 300°f for 3 minutes. Remove, let cool, and serve.
Serve this side dish along with your other holiday dinner recipes. Here are a few of my favorites:
Here are a few tips to make sure that your green bean casserole turns out perfectly every time that you make it.
- Make sure that you use an oven-proof baking dish that will fit into your air fryer basket. A cake pan or deep dish pie plate will work well. You can also use a small glass or ceramic casserole dish.
- it’s important that you drain the green beans well so your casserole is not runny.
- You can also make this recipe in the oven see the recipe card below for oven-baking tips.
- If you prefer to use fresh green beans instead of canned ones, make sure that you cook them until they are soft before you add them to the casserole. Be sure to trim green beans before using them.
- You can also use frozen green beans, but I recommend that you steam them first so that they are soft for this tasty side dish.
- Add more flavor to your green bean casserole by adding a dash of soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, or a squirt of lemon juice.
- If you are not a fan of condensed mushroom soup, you can use cream of chicken soup instead.
Leftovers – Store leftovers of this casserole in an airtight container for up five days.
Reheating – Reheat in the microwave or the air fryer before serving. Reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 or until warm and bubbly. Reheating in the air fryer will give the best results for a crispy topping.
Freezing – You can freeze this casserole, however, I recommend that you freeze it without the fried onions on the top as they can become soggy in the freezer.
Do you have questions about this simple recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this easy recipe.
Yes, as long as the casserole dish is oven-save you can put it in the air fryer.
The best way to prevent the topping from getting soggy is to not add the topping and toast it until you are ready to serve the casserole.
Yes, just don’t add the topping until you are ready to finish the cooking process.
More Holiday Recipes
Here are a few recipes for side dishes that you may want to serve with this easy green bean casserole recipe for Thanksgiving dinner.
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin it so that you can come back to it later.
Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole
- Air Fryer 8 quart is best
- Large bowl
- Casserole Dish 1.5 quart dish that will fit in your air fryer basket.
- 29 ounces green beans drained, French –style or Fresh Cut
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups French fried onions
Air Fryer Instructions
- In a mixing bowl, mix the beans, soup, Worcestershire sauce, whipping cream, and spices.
- Add the bean mixture to a deep dish that fit the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 350°f for 10 minutes or until hot.
- Stir ingredients and top the dish with fried onions. Cook at 300°f for 3 minutes.
- Remove, let cool, and serve.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the green beans, soup, Worcestershire sauce, whipping cream, ground pepper and paprika together.
- Place ingredients in a 1½ quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until hot
- Stir the ingredients and top with fried onions. Bake for an additional 5 minutes