Instant Pot Easy Pad Thai takes less than 30 minutes and it bursting with delicious flavor without the cost of take out.
Easy Chicken Pad Thai
Have you ever had a craving for your favorite Thai dish but haven’t be able to get out and enjoy it at a restaurant? Making your own pad Thai at home usually requires special ingredients, like fish sauce and sesame oil. And if you’re anything like me, your pantry probably isn’t stocked with those Asian ingredients. But what if I told you can make your own pad Thai without the need for specialty ingredients? This easy chicken pad Thai can me made in under 30 minutes with a handful of common pantry ingredients!
How to Make Pad Thai Sauce
There’s no need to head to your favorite Thai restaurant just to satisfy your craving for this spicy noodle dish. You can make chicken pad Thai at home with this easy recipe, and you won’t even have to make a special trip to the grocery store to grab those specialty Asian ingredients most other pad Thai recipes call for.
Just grab these common pantry ingredients to mix up a pad Thai-inspired sauce:
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Lime juice
These simple ingredients come together to make a delicious pad Thai sauce that you can make at home. When you mix these pantry ingredients together, you’ll end up with a delicious mild sauce that’s perfect for families. But if you want to add a little bit of spice to your pad Thai, simply mix in some sriracha sauce for more heat.
And if you don’t have sriracha at home, don’t worry! You can easily substitute the sriracha sauce with ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes or a handful of diced jalapeno.
To make the simple sauce for this easy chicken pad Thai, just place all the ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until they’re well combined. Then, set the sauce aside while you prepare the rest of the dish.
Easy Chicken Pad Thai
This easy Thai dish starts with a little bit of prep work. After mixing your sauce, take a few minutes to prepare your rice noodles according to the package instructions. Then, chop the boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
While you’re cutting the chicken, heat a large skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is warm, add vegetable oil and allow it to warm up for a minute or two. Then, toss in the chicken. Season the chicken with minced garlic, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. Continue sauteing the chicken until it’s cooked through.
After the chicken is cooked, push it to the side of the pan and add the eggs. Scramble the eggs until they’re cooked, and stir to combine the eggs and chicken.
Remove the pan from heat and add the cooked rice noodles. Top all the ingredients with your prepared sauce and toss to combine.
Finish by garnishing your chicken pad Thai with chopped nuts, green onion, and lime wedges before serving.
Easy Pad Thai
- Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce optional
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- The juice of one lime
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 8- ounce package rice noodles prepared
- ¼ cup green onions cut into one-inch pieces
- ¼ cup peanuts chopped
- Lime wedges for garnish optional
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, water, sriracha sauce, vinegar, and lime juice. Whisk until mixed and set aside.
- Heat a vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breast and saute.
- Season the chicken with garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Continue sauteing until chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken is cooked, push it to one side of the pan and add the eggs. Cook until the eggs are scrambled, then stir to combine the eggs and chicken.
- Add the rice noodles and sauce and stir until well combined.
- Top with green onions and peanuts. Garnish with lime wedges when serving.