Lucky Charms Pancakes are fun and festive colored fluffy pancakes filled with sweet marshmallows.
One of my favorite things about these pancakes is that it uses my favorite childhood cereal. Let me share a secret with you, I used to pick all the marshmallows out of the box of Lucky Charms and my mom would get so mad at me. With this Lucky Charms Pancakes recipe you get to pick the marshmallows out of the cereal and we won’t even tell your mom!
Frequently Asked Questions About Lucky Charms Pancakes?
Can I make my own pancake mix
Absolutely you can make your own homemade pancake mix. I mix together the following ingredients in my food processor to make my own bisquick mix. Use cold butter not melted or softened butter. If you do not have a food processor you can simply cut in your butter using a pastry cutter or two forks or a fork and knife to act as a pastry cutter. If you are using the homemade pancake mix recipe to make your Lucky Charms pancakes you will want to add milk instead of water to your mix.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Can I make these ahead and freeze them
Yes! Pancakes freeze amazingly well. IEvery time that I make pancakes and we have some leftover pancakes they go straight into the freezer for a busy morning. You could totally make the entire batch of Lucky Charms Pancakes and freeze them. I like to wrap my pancakes individually in plastic wrap and then place into a freezer bag and freeze. To thaw I remove the number of pancakes that I need for the meal and allow to thaw in the fridge overnight.
How do I reheat Lucky Charms pancakes?
Do you have pancakes leftover and want to reheat your pancakes, you have a couple different options. If you like soft pancakes and don’t mind them not being crispy, reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time on high until they are warm all the way through. If you want a more crispy outside the preheat a skillet or griddle add a very small amount of butter to the pan and then place your pancakes on the griddle or pan. Allow to cook on each side for two to three minutes, and then remove from the pan when completely warm. You can also reheat your pancakes in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, place your leftover pancakes on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, bake for 5 to 8 minutes until your pancakes are warm through the center.
Lucky Charms Pancakes
2 cups pancake mix
1 cup milk or water (check the box directions)
1 teaspoon vanilla, optional
Green food coloring, approximately 10 drops
1 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows
How To Make
Preheat the griddle to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the water (or milk) and eggs, mixing until well blended. Add the vanilla, if using, and pancake mix. Stir until just moistened. Some lumps will remain.
Drop in your food coloring drops and stir.
Fold in ½ to ¾ cups Lucky Charms marshmallows. Please be aware that the marshmallows will melt on the griddle.
Lightly grease the griddle with nonstick cooking spray.
Using a large scoop or ¼ cup, add the batter to the griddle. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes (until bubbles form on the top of the pancake) and then flip, continuing to cook until cooked through.
Serve with syrup, remaining marshmallows, and whipped cream, if desired.
- If you like thinner pancakes use 1 ½ cups of milk
- To test your griddle or pan sparkle a couple drops of water if the water jumps around and sizzles your pan or griddle is ready
- If you do not have a griddle you can use a frying pan.
- Turn the leftover cereal into cereal bars!
More Delicious Recipes
Lucky Charms Pancakes
- Griddle or Skillet
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 cup milk or water check the box directions
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla optional
- Green food coloring approximately 10 drops
- 1 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Preheat the griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the water (or milk) and eggs, mixing until well blended. Add the vanilla, if using, and pancake mix. Stir until just moistened. Some lumps will remain.
- Add in Green food coloring to your batter and stir.
- Fold in ½ to ¾ cups Lucky Charms marshmallows. Please be aware that the marshmallows will melt on the griddle.
- Lightly grease the griddle with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a large scoop or ¼ cup, add the batter to the griddle. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes (until bubbles form on the top of the pancake) and then flip, continuing to cook until cooked through.
- Serve with syrup, remaining marshmallows, and whipped cream, if desired.