There’s a new mac and cheese in town, and it’s seriously delicious. This Copycat Chick-fil-a Mac and Cheese recipe is easy to make and is just as creamy and cheesy as the original. You’ll be hooked after one bite!
Save time and money by avoiding a trip to the restaurant and make this delicious Chick-fil-a Mac and Cheese recipe at home.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Copycat Chick-fil-a Mac and Cheese recipe is creamy and cheesy.
- It’s also hearty and comforting, and an excellent way to save money by making this restaurant favorite at home.
- Ready in under 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- elbow macaroni
- deli American cheese, torn into pieces
- cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- white cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- freshly shredded Romano cheese
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Copycat Chick-fil-a Mac and Cheese
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare your casserole dish
Preheat the oven to broil. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Cook the elbows
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the elbow macaroni. Cook according to the directions on the package. Drain and add to the baking dish.
Step 3: Mix together the cheddar cheese and white cheddar cheese
In a small bowl, toss together ½ cup of the cheddar cheese and ½ cup of the white cheddar cheese. Set aside to use for the topping.
Step 4: Melt the American cheese
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the milk, American cheese, butter, and salt, stirring often until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
Step 5: Melt the remaining cheeses
Add the remaining cheeses to the saucepan and heat just until melted. Remove from heat.
Step 6: Add the cheese sauce to the pasta
Pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni and stir to blend.
Step 7: Top with remaining cheese
Sprinkle the reserved cheeses over the top of the casserole.
Step 8: Broil the mac and cheese to burn the top
Place under the oven broiler and heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is beginning to brown slightly.
Hint: American singles, such as Kraft, is not recommended. The macaroni and cheese thickens due to an ingredient in the deli-style American cheese.
Do you want to change up this Chick-fil-a Mac and Cheese recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
Chicken: Add some diced cooked chicken to the macaroni and cheese for a complete meal.
Bacon: For a little bit of a crunch, add some chopped bacon to the top of the casserole before broiling.
Vegetables: Stir in some frozen vegetables, such as peas, corn, or broccoli, to make it a complete meal.If you love cheesy recipes, next time give this Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes a try.
Here are the kitchen tools that you need to make this easy side dish recipe.
- 9×13 casserole dish
- large pot
- small bowl
- large saucepan
This recipe for Copycat Chick-fil-a Mac and Cheese can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. Make sure to cover it tightly with foil or plastic wrap or store in an airtight container so that it doesn’t dry out.
Reheat it in the microwave or oven when you are ready to enjoy it again.
Due to the dairy in this recipe, I don’t recommend that you freeze it.
- Be careful that your noodles are not overcooked. You want to come them just tender so that it doesn’t become mushy.
- If you want a creamier macaroni and cheese, you can use half and half or whole milk in place of the milk called for in the recipe.
- Don’t use Kraft singles in this recipe, as the cheese will not turn out well.
- For easy cleanup be sure to spray your casserole dish well with nonstick cooking spray.
- You can also top this with Ritz crackers that is mixed with melted butter for a crunchy topping.
Do you have questions about this Chick-fil-a Copycat Mac and Cheese recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Yes, the mac and cheese is sent to stores frozen.
One serving of Chick-fil-A mac and cheese has 310 calories.
The cheese sauce is made with a blend of cheddar, Parmesan, and Romano cheeses.
Now that you know how to make this Copycat Chick-fil-a Mac and Cheese, give it a try the next time you are in the mood for some comfort food! It is sure to become a family favorite.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy keyword, try these delicious recipes:
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese
- Easy Slow Cooker Hashbrown Casserole
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
🧾Copycat Chick-fil-a Mac and Cheese
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or toggle on Cook Mode to prevent your screen from going dark. Not ready to cook this recipe yet? Pin this recipe so you can find it later.
Want to pin this recipe from your cell phone? Turn your phone horizontally and a red Pin and blue Facebook button will appear on the left-hand side of the screen. How easy is that?
Copycat Chick-fil-a Mac and Cheese
- 9×13 casserole dish
- large pot
- small bowl
- large saucepan
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces deli American cheese sliced, torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- 2 tablespoons Romano cheese freshly shredded
- Preheat the oven to broil. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the elbow macaroni. Cook for 20 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer the macaroni to the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, toss together ½ cup of the cheddar cheese and ½ cup of the white cheddar cheese. Set aside to use for the topping.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the milk, American cheese, butter, and salt, stirring often until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the remaining cheeses to the saucepan and heat just until melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni and stir to blend.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheeses over the top of the casserole.
- Place under the oven broiler and heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is beginning to brown slightly.