My Instant Pot Jambalaya recipe is a one pot recipe with shrimp, andouille sausage, chicken and rice that will make a delicious cajun meal for your family. The best part of this jambalaya recipe is that you can toss the ingredients in the instant pot and have dinner done in under 30 minutes.
This instant pot jambalaya recipe is a hit with my entire family. Which is always a win in my book. One of the most frustrating things about being a mom and being responsible for dinner is trying to find recipes that everyone can agree on.
Having a pressure cooker has really saved my family dinners a few times. And, having an Instant Pot has saved my budget more times than I can count. When I forget to start dinner then I am more likely to go out to eat or order takeout which can add up quickly.
I am always on the lookout for simple and easy Instant pot recipes to help save some time in the kitchen and get dinner on the table as fast as possible. This Instant Pot Jambalaya recipe fits that need perfectly! Plus, the hearty and bold flavors really hit the spot.
My Jambalaya recipe is a pure comfort food filled to the brim with flavor.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz andouille sausage
- 5 - 6 boneless chicken tenders, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, diced seeds removed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ cup white basmati rice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz cooked small shrimp, thawed shells removed
- green onions, diced
- Chop the onion, peppers, jalapenos, and celery.
- Then slice the andouille sausage and cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute and add the olive oil.
- Allow it warm up for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken tenders to the Instant Pot to brown.
- Brown for 3 minutes.
- Stir so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add the chicken broth to the instant pot to deglaze
- Add the onion, peppers, celery, garlic, jalapenos, salt, Cajun seasoning, and thyme.
- Stir to mix the vegetables and seasoning.
- Add the rice and mix.
- Add the can of tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set it for Manual High Pressure for
- Once the pressure cooker has finished cooking let it rest for 5 minutes, then manually release the pressure.
- Take the lid off and stir the cooked shrimp and sausage into the Instant Pot.
- Replace the lid and let it rest for another 5 minutes to warm the sausage and shrimp.
- Serve sprinkled with green onions.