Looking for a rich, decadent dessert that will make your taste buds sing? Look no further than Brownie Lasagna! This indulgent treat combines layers of fudgy brownies, creamy cream cheese filling, and luscious chocolate ganache for an unforgettable dessert experience.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply treating yourself to something sweet, brownie lasagna is sure to satisfy your cravings for something chocolatey and delicious. So, why wait? Dive right in and enjoy the best of both worlds with this mouthwatering dessert!
- brownie mix
- eggs (per the directions on the brownie box)
- oil (per the directions on the brownie box)
- semisweet chocolate chips
- cream cheese
- salted butter
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- Dark chocolate syrup
- Chocolate curls or chocolate shavings
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Brownie Lasagna
Make the brownies according to the directions on the package. And, then bake them in a 15×21 baking pan for 20-25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl make your vanilla cream cheese frosting.
After the brownies have cooled completely cut them into four equal rectangles. Place one brownie on a serving platter, and spread the top with 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture.
Repeat building the lasagna until you used all of the brownies. You will want to have a layer of cream cheese frosting on the top. Then drizzle the top with chocolate sauce and sprinkle on the chocolate curls. Chill overnight or for at least 8 hours before serving.
Want to change up this brownie recipe a little? Check out these ideas!
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Lasagna – In this variation, chopped up peanut butter cups are added to the layers of the brownie lasagna, creating a delicious peanut butter and chocolate combination.
- Cookies and Cream Brownie Lasagna – For this twist on the classic brownie lasagna, crushed Oreos are added to the cheesecake filling and sprinkled on top of the chocolate ganache, adding a satisfying crunch and creaminess to the dessert.
- Salted Caramel Brownie Lasagna – This variation takes things up a notch by adding a drizzle of homemade salted caramel to the top of the final layer of chocolate ganache. Each bite is a salty-sweet explosion of flavor that will leave you wanting more!
- Mixing bowls
- 15×21 baking dish
- Electric Mixer – Hand mixer or Stand Mixer
Leftovers – If you have any leftovers of your Brownie Lasagna, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat the leftovers, you can simply pop them in the microwave or oven for a few seconds to warm them up.
Freezing – If you want to freeze your Brownie Lasagna, you can also store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. It’s important to wrap the container tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn.
Thawing – When you’re ready to eat the frozen Brownie Lasagna, simply thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before reheating. You can reheat it in the oven or microwave until it’s warmed through.
- Use high-quality ingredients – Choosing good quality ingredients will help make a big difference in the taste and texture of your dessert. Use high-quality chocolate and cocoa powder, fresh eggs, and good quality cream cheese for a rich and delicious cheesecake filling.
- Cook the brownies just right – Overcooking the brownies can make them dry and tough, while undercooking them can leave you with a gooey and underdone texture. Be sure to follow the recipe and keep a close eye on the oven to ensure perfect brownies every time.
- Let it cool before adding the layers – It’s important to let the brownies cool completely before adding the cheesecake filling and chocolate ganache layers. This will prevent the layers from melting or sliding off.
- Use a long baking dish – Using a long baking dish will help you create even layers and make the dessert look more visually appealing.
- Top with your favorite toppings – Once you’ve assembled your Brownie Lasagna, you can get creative with toppings, such as whipped cream, fresh berries, or chopped nuts. This will add some extra flavor and make your dessert even more delicious.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
There are around 910 calories in the brownie lasagna from Olive Garden.
Fresh berries, whipped cream, chopped nuts, caramel sauce, chocolate chips, or shavings.
Yes, you can make this dessert ahead of time. Just store it in the fridge and pull it out an hour before you are ready to enjoy it.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin it so that you can come back to it later.
- 15×21 jelly roll pan
- mixing bowls
- Electric Mixer
- 36.6 ounces brownie mix plus the ingredients to make the brownies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup salted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- Dark chocolate syrup for garnish
- Chocolate curls for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 15×21 rimmed baking pan (three-quarter sheet pan) with parchment paper.
- Mix the brownies according to the instructions on the box. Spread the batter in an even layer on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the brownies until done, about 20 to 25 minutes. Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and let the brownies cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until mixed and creamy. Add the vanilla, scraping down the sides and blending well.
- To the cream cheese, add the powdered sugar and beat on low until it is incorporated. Then, increase the speed and blend the cream cheese until the powdered sugar is completely incorporated and smooth.
- Cut the brownie into 4 equal rectangles.
- Place one of the brownie rectangles on a serving platter. Spread the brownie with ¼ of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat the layers, stacking the brownies and cream cheese, until all of the brownies are used.
- Over the final layer of cream cheese, drizzle with the chocolate syrup and top with chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
- To make this in a 9×13 baking dish, cut the brownie in half with a serrated knife and then slice each piece through the middle horizontally.
- Make sure that you use room temperature cream cheese for a smooth frosting.
- Be sure to allow the brownies to cool completely before you topped them with the frosting. Otherwise, the frosting may melt.