Sweet Peanut Buttery Cookies topped with a Hershey’s Kiss.
Whether you need a cookie for your next cookie exchange, or you are looking for something a little more exciting than your average peanut butter cookie, these Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies are sure to wow your guests!
These Peanut Butter Blossom cookies have a hint of sweetness from the chocolate kisses, combined with the salty goodness of the peanut butter cookie to create a decadent yet delicious cookie.
Can I use something else for the candy in these Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies?
Yes! These Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies are versatile, and you can try something else to satisfy your sweet tooth! Instead of using a Hershey Kiss, you could use a peanut butter cup or even a chocolate heart of dove chocolate if you have those handy instead.
Can you freeze them?
I have personally never tried to freeze the cookies once they are baked, but you can freeze the dough if you’d like! The best way to do this is by freezing them as dough balls. When you’re ready to make them, place them in the fridge the night before, then proceed to roll them in sugar and follow the rest of the recipe.
How long will Peanut Butter Blossoms stay fresh?
If you don’t eat all of them in one sitting, these cookies tend to stay soft and delicious for at least a week. If you keep them in an airtight container, you shouldn’t have a problem with them lasting the whole week. Don’t store them in the fridge!
Tips for making these Peanut Butter Blossoms even better:
- Put your Hershey kisses in the fridge until you’re ready to use them! This will help keep them from melting once you’ve pressed them into the hot cookies!
- Make more than you think you will need because seriously, they are that good.
- If you want to make this recipe even easier, use a standing mixer to mix all of your ingredients together.
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- ¼ unsalted butter softened
- ½ granulated sugar
- ½ packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 24 Hershey's Kisses unwrapped
- 1 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and shortening and mix until combined
- Add in the egg and mix until combined
- In a large bowl, using a whisk mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture into the wet mixture until combined
- Using a ice cream scoop, scoop some cookie dough into your hands and roll into a ball
- Roll cookie dough ball into the sugar and then place onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat the steps for 11 more cookie dough balls
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- Once pulled out of the oven place Hershey kiss into the cookie and let cool for a few minutes
- Place cookies onto a wire rack to cool
- Repeat steps with remaining dough
- Let cool for a few more minutes before enjoying!